Put that d*** thing away!

aballett
on 8/14/12 7:41 pm - Canada
So...today, I had my partner put away my scale...to hide it until Monday.  I told her that I was becoming to obsessed with it and I know that that is not mentally healthy.  She did and will bring it out once a week.  I am in a mini stall right now, (or maybe not - but when you weigh yourself every 4 hours, it feels like one) so it can be frustrating.  Why the heck should I focus on the frustrations of the stupid scale when so many positive NSV's should be my main concern? Oh and the fact that I've lost over 85 pounds since March.  You see what I mean?
Hope everyone has a great week!  Going to NYC on Thursday morning...back on Sunday!
Amy

Missey J.
on 8/14/12 8:50 pm - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12 with
Congrats on the weight loss !

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
aballett
on 8/14/12 8:58 pm - Canada
oh thank you! Just trying to remind myself that this is so much more important than the number on the scale.  :)

Tanya W.
on 8/15/12 11:28 am - Winnipeg, Canada
It is so hard not to judge ourselves by what the scale says. Good for you for putting it away! You have made amazing progress & you should be proud!

Tanya

Ithocles
on 8/15/12 11:43 am
 I like your idea of brining it out once per week.  I have to make sure and keep myself in check, so I don't want to put it away indefinitely.  However, getting it out once a week is a bit more healthy than checking every morning.  

Congrats.

Hugs,

Danny

aballett
on 8/15/12 2:55 pm - Canada
I had a more mentally healthy day today because of my decision to put away the scale...:)

twotontunic
on 8/15/12 9:00 pm - Nashville, TN
VSG on 10/08/12
 Way to go Amy!  Knowing it's not healthy and taking corrective action right away shows great self awareness.  Definitely enjoy the NSV's right now and have fun in NYC!
aballett
on 8/16/12 4:09 am - Canada
thanks!!  I am sitting here, ready to go to the drop off stop...nearly out the door!  I am taking the ipad, so you never know...I might just post while away!
:)  Amy

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/12 10:47 am, edited 9/5/12 3:50 am
OY I thought bb U meant something ELSE ......

Anyone have a PROBLEM with their partner trying to well...`HUMP the nite away .. ALL the time post op ? SCARY 2 ME ..I wanted to be DESIRED .... not MANHANDLED manipulated and abused
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 375 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 948 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1326 views