VGS and 5 day pouch test??

beckylh88
on 2/8/12 12:53 am - Waller, TX
RE-POST from Main Board.....

I am about 2-1/2 weeks away from being 2 yrs out with a VSG.  It has been a rough ride, but all well worth it.
I lost rather quickly - but only lost for the first 8-9 months - then leveled out over the next year.   Now I have gained back between 15-20 lbs.  I KNOW that I am not eating right - although I am eating more "regular" than I have over 2 yrs.  I am still a "normal" size and I am happy, but now knowing that I have gained has me a little freaked out.  

I am wondering if the 5 day PT will work with a VSG?
I have the smallest size stomach and have thrown up or foamed every day since I have had surgery.  I can rarely eat solid protein without getting sick - and I am sure it is bcuz I eat too much or too fast.  
I eat - get sick - then I am satisfied.  
Sweets and junk food seem to be the easiest to keep down.  It is only when I try to eat "good" that I get sick.  
I had such a problem keeping food down that my dr. ok'd me to graze just to keep food down.  I think my stomach has stretched some, as I can eat more now at one sitting than before.   I have been through a divorce since surgery and re-marriage. 
I am also finding myself somewhat comparing myself to my ex who had surgery 5 weeks before me and has lost 163 lbs and weighs less than I DO NOW!!!  He had RNY.  
I mean, I am none-too-shabby - I weigh +/- 187 and wear a size 6/8.   My lowest after surgery was 167 and I was wearing a 2/4 comfortably.  So, my numbers are somewhat decieving - and I try to keep that in mind - but knocking on the door of 200 again scares the crap outta me!!!!

In any case - I am starting back on track today by foregoing my daily sweet tea and replacing it with water with lime.  I have a very hard time getting water down, but dammit - I am determined.  I am scared to death of geting back to where I started.   I know what to do, it is just finding the will power to get it done.  

In any case - now that I have laid it all out there - my question is just does the 5DPT work for a VSG'er?  

Thanks for letting me confess....  please don't bash....I know what I'm doing is off track and I am very serious about getting back on. 

Becky    
HW: 278     GW:  165     

mrsfloflo
on 2/28/12 3:44 am - Grand Prairie, TX
I tried the 5DPT and I felt that it helped and worked for me. The only issue I had is that there was no plan after the pouch test, meaning I didn't have a plan. So I recommend that if you do the pouch test, please use those days to create a meal plan for yourself. As some of the more experienced posters here say go back to the basics, drink your water and excercise. Let the pouch test get you back to basics, but have a meal plan ready to go when you are done.
"Enjoying my life and the confidence to experience more!
My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

shannonlayne
on 4/22/12 12:14 pm - WV
What is the 5 day PT?

Most Active