Feeling sad and down before surgery

LoveAngelMusicBaby
on 7/7/12 5:09 am - Fort Washington, MD
RNY on 07/30/12 with
I am having my RYN on July 30th. Athough I am excited the date is fast approaches, I have been feeling so sad and down lately. I do not start my optifast until July 16th so for the last few days I have been eating high fat foods I havent had in three months. In addition, I am going on vacation to Maimi next weekend (yes and all my friends are skinny) so I also think I am down about that as well.....Still being overweight and having to put on a happy face while on vacation. I know this ime next year I will look different but for some reason I am just sad with emotions. I do know if it is just the vaction trip, the unhealhty foods choices, or its the upcoming surgery that has me sad. This is my first surgery as well. Any advice or personal experiences will be great.
UBi FIT
on 7/11/12 12:45 pm
VSG on 08/06/12
I am pre op also, I am going thru the same thing. I'm so depressed over my eating, I don't want people to see me , and I'd just like to hide for a year. Sorry I don't know what's makes it better, but know you are not alone.
gardeninggal
on 7/30/12 4:15 am - Midland, Canada
 Hi LoveAngel:

Just reading your post today and you will have had your surgery by now.  I hope it goes well for you and that a speedy recovery and loss of weight will cheer you up.  The highs and lows of food and to eat or what to eat is a real roller coaster.  Thoughts of encouragement going your way and best wishes on your weight loss journey.....today is the beginning of a new life for you
Nancy in Canada

Most Active