Does anybody eat oatmeal?

Star27
on 2/24/13 3:03 pm - Houston, TX

I am 4.5 years out, RNY, and I have gained 10 pounds and I am trying HARD to lose it. I noticed that I have been eating a lot of oatmeal, 1 cup a day. Does anybody eat oatmeal? If so, how much? If not, why not? I need some kind of fiber and staying away COMPLETELY from carbs (no bread, no refined carbs, nothing) is very hard. Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks!

THE GRACIOUS HAND OF GOD IS UPON ME.

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 3/4/13 9:22 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12

I eat oatmeal occasionally. I am a weight loss failure. 

I keep instant oatmeal in the house so when I have terrible cravings I can have carbs and avoid going out and buying worse stuff. I eat one packet of plain oats with a few blueberries (or a bit of nuked apple & cinnamon) and a teaspoon of oat bran in it, plus Splenda brown sugar blend and a little milk. It's warm, carby, filling, and good, so it's my bedtime meal sometimes. As I said, my body won't lose weight, but I don't blame the half cup of oatmeal.

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/3/13 4:00 am

Most mornings I eat  plain oatmeal with a boiled egg.

If you use a nutrition tracker it will calculate the percentage of your calories that come from carbs.protein/fat/ fibre. etc.

(sparkpeople.com)

ChipPaulson
on 7/3/13 11:23 am

I do but I wouldn`t suggest anything but steel cut oats.

``If you`re going through hell, keep going``

Winston Churchill

Weight loss plan reviews: http://choppysreviews.com/

diamondgirl777
on 10/20/13 10:27 am

I am 3 years out--and I eat oatmeal every morning-- I eat quaker oats,the kind that you have to fix on the stove-- I put some brown sugar and splenda and milk on it sometimes I eat it with strawberries or banana. I have gain some weight back ( I have lost 170 pounds) I have gain 20 back but not because of the oatmeal, it was because I quit working out and started back eating bad carbs. I have started back working out and eating right, and have started losing again.. but I still eat my oatmeal every morning.. good luck.. 

Talkingmountain
on 9/7/16 4:57 pm
RNY on 12/28/15

Yes I eat oatmeal. If at home I have steel cut oatmeal, and I keep some packets of instant oatmeal in my office desk for when I forgot to bring lunch. 

However I feel better and have longer-lasting satiety when I eat my "usual" breakfast of a tortilla slathered w fat-free retried beans and topped w some lettuce, plus half an orange. 

Ht 5'6" | HW 278 | SW 264, Size 28+/4-5X | GW 135ish, Size 10-12 | CW 132, Size 8-10
Surg Date 12/28/15 | NSV Goal: Go down slide w/kid! 

Most Active