coffee ?

bkaszubski
on 12/16/04 3:54 am - Elmhurst, IL
I have a question. I want a coffee. lol. I'm two weeks out, tomarrow. Has anyone had coffee, decaf ???? Will it make me dump most likely?
DaleL
on 12/16/04 8:08 am - Lockport, NY
It was almost 5 weeks before coffee tasted good enough to drink. I currently am drinking a cup as I type. I drink between 10 - 12 cups per day. The only concern from Dr was that reg. coffee will dehydrate you. I also drink crystal light throughout the day to stay hydrated. I am currently 10 mos. and 14 days post op and doing just fine , especially with my coffee fix in the AM>
bkaszubski
on 12/16/04 10:02 am - Elmhurst, IL
Wow! So then do u think it would be fine for me to *try* and drink some coffee right now? What about a lattee .. prob. to much sugar. And what kind of Crystal Light do you drink ? I'm finding that alot of crystal light is making me more thirsty.
DaleL
on 12/16/04 10:48 am - Lockport, NY
Sure I would try new things every couple of days. Just remember only 1 new thing in one day and wait a day or two to see if it bothers you. Some things wouldn't show up until the next day in the form of altered BM's. If you try more than one new thing and you dump or get sick later you won't know until the next time what bothered you. I tried coffee every wee****il one day it tasted ok and didn't give me gas too bad. If it tastes ok and doesn't make you feel sick go with it. If something makes you sick or doesn't agree with you one time don't give up on it. Most things will have their place and time that your new body will accept them. Crystal light??? Mostly raspberry and lemonade and tea of course. Rsapberry mixes well with most of the other flavors to make some that you like. Good to vary your tastes or you might get bored with one and not like it after a while. Kool - ade makes a grape and cherry SF drink mix also. Everything makes me more thirsty. One thing I remember from the dietician/ nutritionalist is that our bodies function at their peak performamnce when we are fully hydrated. Good luck and keep trying Dale
CuteDonna
on 12/17/04 9:23 pm - Effort, PA
I had my surgery on 12/09/04 and I'm drinking coffee. Straight black but I limit myself to a small cup and don't make it so strong. My surgeon gave me coffee in the hospital as he said it might help me pass gass. People that are daily coffee drinkers need that coffee to stimulate them in going to the bathroom "number 2" Donna
Pamedic13
on 12/27/04 11:34 am - Langhorne, PA
i am 1 year and 9 months post op and I have the same coffee craving now as i did before.... if not worse. I drink about 10 -20 cups of coffee too. But you need to rehydrate as well so make sure you also drink alot of water. Wayne Salat, EMT-P VMSC-Lansdale Medic 345
Jammie F.
on 1/18/05 2:37 am - Harrisonville, MO
They now have carb wise Cappucinio. It is wonderful. Less than one gram of sugar.........1/2 the calories too! Drink away! Also, get you some Minute Maid LIGHT.....it is great!
Most Active