An Apple a Day

lisadill
on 5/17/05 2:40 am - monson, MA
To those of you that have a struggle like mine. The hunger came back very strong at about 6 months out. I have lost 97 pounds in that time, but have been at a stand still for about 2 months. I tried the liquid thing, couldn't do it. I also tried to up my protein, couldn't stay on that either. So, I tried to have a apple when the hunger starts. So, I am up to 2 to 3 apples a day. I found they fill me up enough to satisfy my hunger and hold me until the next meal. I did find that I need to stop at about 1\2 way through and wait about 5 to 10 minutes to finish the rest. Any other tips on how to make it the next meal without snacking on junk? Has anyone ever stopped loosing at about 7 months out? I am giving up loosing any more.... Thanks Lisa 9/9/04 258/201/161
MARTI B.
on 5/17/05 12:47 pm - Missouri City, TX
Don't give up on losing anymore. Think of each day that you did lose and be thankful for that. You will lose eventually again but your body is probably trying to play catch up. You could have possibly put your body into starvation mode by not eating enough. Try uping your protein and water and see where you go from there. Marti
Ijustwanna
on 5/22/05 10:56 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Lisa, I'm 8 months out now and have stopped losing weight. I had lost 105 pound by month 7 but have gained 6 back. I've been working out at the gym 4-5 times a week and we are hoping that it is some muscle weight that I am gaining, but it's depressing. I feel like I could eat and eat and eat. I also go to a counselor about every 6 weeks to help me with eating issures. Good luck. Susan
Just Valena
on 6/27/05 6:15 am - Nunyabizness
I have been losing and gaining the same 2-3 pounds for a couple of months now. It sucks. But I finally got the scale moving again. I started exercising (a little), making sure my snacks were more protein, and drinking TONS of water. And sugarless gum. Extra Green Apple Rocks!!!!! And some days I just say the hell with it and eat what I want and pay the price!!! It is a daily struggle. But don't give up~ Valena Lap RNY 5/3/2004, -136
Alice T.
on 8/7/05 12:34 am - Lee's Summit, MO
I find myslef snacking a little bit also. And it is so scary to realize we can't stop once we start...those old habits are still there. I have been taking carrots to work to snack on. I also take 4 little celery things with peanut butter. Those seem to hold me longer than even apples did. I also take strawberries cut up and sweetened with spleanda and they are yummy. I also find that sugar free hot chocolate helps witht he mid afternoon munchies and craving for something sweet.
Most Active