Blue Care Network of Michigan

AMoody
on 8/28/11 12:24 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
Is there anyone on this forum that has had to deal with blue care net of mi or blue care net period? Im in the process of getting insurance approval and would like a heads up if I can.
just so that I can be prepared.  I HATE this part, the waiting, the worrying. Im ready today! Any information would be greatly appreciated.
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/12 1:12 am - Romulus, MI
RNY on 04/25/12
I know that this post was from last August, but can I ask you a question?
I have BCNM and my copay is $1000 for the bariatric surgery. Dis you have to pay the copay on the day of your surgery or were you billed by the hospital for it?
My surgery date is 4/25/12 and I was told by the Surgery coordinator that I have to bring my $1000 copay with me when I check in on my surgery date.
AMoody
on 4/7/12 2:30 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
As far as I know I do not have a co pay.. I had surgery on Feb 6th and so far all has been paid..even so from the bill that I seen a $1,000 isnt bad for a $48,000 dollar surgeryYIKES..Good luck.  Did you have to do the 6 months drs diet? You HAVE to go 1 x every month or else you have to start all over. Ask me how I know..its not 1 x a month but every 4 weeks!!!!! if your a day or two late into getting to your apointment  you start all over..Good luck

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/12 8:43 am - Romulus, MI
RNY on 04/25/12

Our plan through BCNM has a $1000 c-pay and it was confirmed earlier that I need to bring the copay with me to the hospital.
I have been trying to have RNY since 2003. Our company changed the insurance carrier, after I was approved. Waited until 18 months ago to try and pursue getting the RNY done...I had to meet with my PCP once a month for 6 months and show proof of taking Phentermine and actually losing weight and then had to meet with a nutrionist. I was initially denied in March 2012 and after the appeal, I was approved and now I am having the RNY done on 4/25/12.
Thanks for the feedback and congratulations to you also...

Kermit0504
on 4/6/16 4:17 pm
VSG on 06/10/16

I have bcnm retired, moved to Florida to care for parents, have been going to my Nutrition classes.

now I find out they want me to go back to Michigan to have it.

any chance of an Appeal?

Kermit

Most Active