BCBS Tx & VSG

Danna S.
on 5/28/12 2:01 am - Brazoria, TX
 Anyone have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas and got approved for VSG? My hubby has that insurance, a BMI of 34, uncontrollable diabetes, and high colesterol (among other problems). And 33 yrs old. What do we need to do to get him this surgery? I am going the self pay route, I don't have insurance, but we can't afford for both of us to do this out of pocket. As it is it's going to take us a couple of years just to save for mine. So it would be good if we could use his insurance for him. Also has anyone had insurance cover out of country surgery? 
ftmathteacher
on 5/28/12 5:20 am - Pflugerville, TX
VSG on 08/07/12 with
 I think it depends on the type of plan his employer has for them (and anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).  I have BCBS of TX as well, but just because my employer has any kind of weight loss surgery/treatment as an exclusion, it's not covered for me.  You might want to call BCBS and ask, and have him check with the HR people at work, because as it stands BCBS does cover it, it just depends on whether his employer has any exclusions on his plan.  

Good luck!
Danna S.
on 6/6/12 5:54 am - Brazoria, TX
 Knowing where he works it probably is excluded. :/ He hasn't called yet. Thanks for the info and heads up! :)
Most Active