Looking for insurance plan - need advice/help

discordya
on 5/28/12 2:01 pm
I applied for both HumanaOne and United Healthcare. HO told me that I am ineligible for any of their plans. I do not have any documented health problems that I put on the application forms other than polycystic ovarian syndrome, and obviously my weight.

For UHC, they did not deny me but once I put in my weight they gave me a pop up box saying that something had to be changed in the plan because of something I inputted in the health form (it was after my weight which is right after my name address and height, nothing else) so basically I know it is because of my weight. The 1500 deductible with 5000 coinsurance oop and this was $300/mo and that is a bit too high for me.

I had to put my dreams on hold because I finished school and was getting situated in a career. So now that I work for myself as an independant contractor, I find myself in this predicament of trying to find insurance that is a bit around $220/mo or less perhaps, but will be able to have options of WLS of some sort in the future (my thoughts are roux en y but I am not dead set on that).

So I am asking for help on what to do. Should I try other companies? Should I try calling a representative and talking to them? What should I do?
marceemarc
on 7/30/12 7:10 am - Graham, NC
Hi discordya ,
I dont know if this is a valid option for you, but I work for Blue Cross of NC. We offer GROUP policies , these can be as few as one person and as many as thousands of people.
It seems that maybe you are applying for Individual plans, these are usually more expensive and carry higher premiums.
Hope this helps some, I dont know enough about your area to direct you to a company but it could be worth checking out. Since you are self employed that will help you get it I believe. Contact the Insurance companies Group Sales Dept and check into it.

Good Luck!! 
Marc
Keep a smile on your face....it makes people wonder what you are up to!

Most Active