Optumhealth by UHC choice plus ppo through?

mzlaura
on 10/10/12 11:21 pm - Litchfield, NH
RNY on 03/05/13
Does anyone know how they are? I was assigned a nurse through them. We have already spoken. I was told i do NOT have to do a consecutive 6 months of supervised diet as long as i have had 6 visits within the last 2 years and i have. I've been following my physician and nutritionist for well over a year now and had that faxed to her. She said she approval process is relatively easy. My bmi is current 52 and i have ashtma, feet problems, sleep apnea, pre-diabetes, back pain, problems with absesses boils yuck due to rubbing skin, etc. She said i met all the criteria. My program requires sleep studies which i had already and at least 2 months of cpap therapy which i have also already completed. The process for my surgeons office is 4-6 months and my new deductible doesn't start until April 2013 =) i found this out yesterday. Also i have $5500 oop so far and UHC told me under my ppo plan once i hit the $7500 max oop they will cover 100% which means i won't have to pay my co-insurance granted surgery is before April 2013. At this rate with all i have done already as part of the requirements i may just make it.

And my center is a center of excellence as well as the surgeons and my company doesn't exclude WLS so how quickly do you all think i would be looking at for an approval? My bmi has been over 50 now for over 5 years and my sleep apnea was just diagnosed in July. I also had my gallbladder out last May,

HW: 401  SW: 297  CW: 200.8
RNY gastric bypass surgery on March 5th, 2013

Most Active