Need help with some Information - Trying to convince company Insuarnce to Cover

xr7conv
on 11/5/12 7:14 am - Omaha, NE
DS on 01/16/13
OK. I have been to my surgeon's initial consultation and he recommends DS and VSG for me. He is the developer of VSG so knows what he is talking about when combining these two.

My employer's health insurance (self insured) excludes WLS of any kind. I am gearing up to go after them to cover it. They are big on employee health and have all kinds of programs. I also discovered from the doctor's office that they used to cover it.

I am going to put together a package with information to present to the VP of HR that is in charge of this stuff. Has anyone seen such a package out there in the world? Has anyone created one? Does anyone have data/information that I can utilize to create this?

As I don't have the money and will have to 2nd mortgage the house, etc. I am pretty determined to beat these bushes until the money falls out.

Any and all help appreciated. :)

Read more: http://www.weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi?action= display&board=mbdata&thread=5642#ixzz2BOBcoB7U

"Let us not glide through this world and then slip quietly into
heaven, without having blown the trumpet loud and long for our
Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Let us see to it that the devil will hold a
thanksgiving service in hell, when he gets the news of our departure from the field of battle." - C. T. Studd

Walter Lindstrom
on 11/14/12 4:02 am - Chula Vista, CA

There are resources on the Obesity Action Coalition (www.obesityaction.org) site which might assist you (and you can JOIN!).  While you are preparing that material you should request Dr. Anthone's office to submit the pre-authorization request now, even if it gets denied, so you have something concrete to appeal - - it gives you more leverage.  Tell him that Walter says "Hi" . . . good luck!

Most Active