Looking for a Dr.

serenity1959
on 12/23/12 11:37 pm
VSG on 08/05/13

My insurance excludes weight loss surgery, so I am going to have to be self pay.   Because my insurance will not cover WLS or any complications resulting from the surgery, I won't consider a Dr. without BLIS insurance.  I am having trouble finding a dr. who is affordable with BLIS, that is also a COE.   I found one, but after doing research discovered that he was sanctioned.   A patient died in his care and the board felt that the Dr.'s actions contributed to the death.   Does anyone know of a Dr. they can recommend that is with a COE and has BLIS and does not charge the moon and the stars?

hollykim
on 1/17/13 2:03 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I was self pay in mx but knowing where you are located would be helpful unless you are willing to travel anywhere in the us.

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/13 2:17 am

I understand wanting the BLIS but a COE doesn't mean the surgeon is good.  It really means they have a policy and procedure manual with all the right words in there.  Some of the biggest bariaric butchers are COEs.  Some of the best surgeons are not.

leanmama
on 2/12/13 11:33 am - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13

What is BLIS and where are you located.  I am self pay VSG to DS and working on saving the $$ for OR.  I am in St Louis, MO.  been quoted 23K for the revision. Maja

Most Active