Cigna - Denied

pharmagirl_45
on 10/24/13 3:26 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Well what a surprise!  I just received word today that I was denied because of missing paperwork.  They said the psy eval wasn't submitted along with a letter from my PCP.  I just spoke with the coordinator and she said the psy eval was included.  I didn't know that I needed a letter from the PCP, it didn't state that in my coverage.

Now I have to get the letter from PCP which I just called to get and then the coordinator will appeal.  More waiting!

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

BelieveInFaith
on 10/24/13 10:42 am - NJ
RNY on 08/08/13

Hang in there.  This is all so typical.  Get them what they want and if it needs to be faxed 10x before they say they rcvd it then make sure it's faxed 11x! Hopefully that's all they need and they'll approve you. 

Never accept NO for an answer.

hollykim
on 10/30/13 11:30 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
If it isn't stated in your insurance policy,the insurance can't require it. I would all and speak to a supervisor and ask them politely to tell you exactly what page paragraph ans item that requires a Pcp letter.

If they can't Tell you exactly where to find it ,I would demand that I. Be approved right that. Minute. .
If it is a surgeon requirement that is a different matter. It has to. Be in clear understandable writing in your policy or they can't insist on it.

Most Active