Did you get this info. In writing?

HKFandora
on 2/6/14 10:15 pm

I called my insurance and I'm waiting for them to send me the handbook where hopefully I can get specific info regarding coverage and bariatric surgery.

On the rep's end she didn't see a specific amount of time needed (I was told six months before.) I was then put on hold and she spoke to someone in the authorization department and in short I was told it doesn't hurt to have the surgeons office put the claim in early and at least I will know what else might be needed. I found this interesting. I'm a revision or a completion to the DS. 

Anyone who need or needed to do a six month consecutive visit with your doctor, did you ever see it in writing from your insurance? 

SunnyGal14
on 2/9/14 12:59 pm
VSG on 08/06/14

Yes, my insurance referred me to the correct policy number to look up online when I called.  I printed it online. I too have to do the six months, etc. I have my first appointment this month. I am still confused about some of my requirements though which hopefully the bariatric office staff will help with, since I'm getting conflicting answers from my insurance company and the policy about weight loss surgery is vague.

Most Active