In NY trying to find a way to get medicade to work with me

Aysha L.
on 5/22/03 1:01 pm - New York, NY
I am hoping to have surgery , but I'm finding that it's going a lot harder than I thought it would. I live in New York and just recently got accepted for diability due to my wieght and other issues wieght related. I feel like I'm running into walls everywere I turn. I can't find a surgeon or a hospital that will take medicade, and when I talk to anyone at medicade they keep telling me that I have to have it reffered by a doctor and it has to be for medical reasons. You would think that qualifying for disability because of my wieght would be Medical reason enough! Anyway I was hoping that anyone who might read this, and, mabey have some advice could get back to me. If any of you are, or have gone through this, and live in NY too , I would really like to hear what you have to say. I'm stressed out with all the research and all the runaround that I'v been getting . I pray for a lead , to get me started on the path to a healther life. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Just sick and tired of being sick and tired of being so over wieght and not being able to live life the way it should be lived.
Most Active