sleep apnea

crawdina
on 6/2/03 8:28 pm - Lebanon, OR
How do you get your insurance to understand that being on CPAP is not acceptable long term treatment for sleep apnea when the weight loss from the surgery will free you from the CPAP? My insurance says because I am on the CPAP and the titration we are doing is controlling the apnea and therefore it can't be counted as a comorbidity!!
ERICA H.
on 6/3/03 5:04 am - Houston, TX
A lawyer can make them understand but on the other side...they need to know that it is costing them so much more to dish out money to "keep the obesity under control" with all this medication, CPAP machines, and God knows what else will happen in the future without PERMANENTLY knipping morbid obesity in the bud with WLS...this will save them more money than dragging this along..they are honestly stupid and don't get it...you make need to talk to your Plan Administrator..God Bless -Erica
juderulz
on 6/7/03 3:03 pm - Aurora, CO
I cant believe that they would even CONSIDER a CPAP something as a long term control... I wonder if THEY have ever tried to sleep with one, huh??? Sheesh! I just got put on the CPAP about a week ago, and I am hating it.... It hurts against the skin and I dont feel any more rested or anything after using it, it is so frustrating! OK, Im off my soap box, lol
Most Active