Just got my 1st denial letter - what to do now?

Steve W.
on 6/9/03 2:02 am - Festus, MO
My insurance UHC-Select just turned my down because my employer has an exclusion for WLS of any kind. How can I jump this hurdle? I will write/call/draw pictures - anything to get this going. I'm in a program out of STL called Newstart. They ar enot much help - limited staff. The denial letter actually went to the surgeon with a copy to me. Do I have any options if my insurance has an exclusion. Please help, desperate!!!
Joe T.
on 6/9/03 7:30 am
steven i am in same mess. uhc has exclusion on policy and i dont know what to do either kindred spirits we are.. just wanted you to know not alone.. i was wondering if the surgery was done for another diagnosis such as hypertension or diabetes not weight loss
aferrendelli
on 6/9/03 1:19 pm - Chino Hills, CA
Don't give up - get an attorney. It doesn't cost much and is well worth it. Here's a good link to help you get started. http://www.obesitylaw.com/
juderulz
on 6/9/03 6:48 pm - Aurora, CO
you could also try obesitylawyer.com, they advertise on this site and the price was better than the hassle, good luck!
Donna Ingerson
on 6/12/03 10:13 am - Cockeysville, MD
RNY on 02/06/04 with
Steve, Don't do like I did. I tried to deal with it on my own. And I got now where and by the time I did try for legal advice it was to late. I mean five denials did not help me. But I am not done. So I wouldn't hold off I would do like these other members told you get an attonery have someone to fight for you. If you really want this do it. It is better to pay $400 or $500 for attnorey than paying $22000.00 for the surgery. Well at least that is what it is going to cost me. ' So get help.
Most Active