I apologize

Brenda A.
on 9/16/05 2:46 pm - Guntersville, AL
This morning I came to this board to check it out. I have been told by several that Glenn and I have been bad mouthed something awful so I wanted to see for myself. Wow, right from the beginning I am yelled at for being here. Ok, you win. I apologize for not coming to this board sooner. My Bible says that if you think someone has something against you go to them. I didn't know that Linda hated me. The last time we talked I was her friend and thought she was mine. So Linda, right here in front of God and your friends, I'm sorry I did something to make you hate me. I wish you had come to me personally. I need to apologize to Dixie and Linda for asking them to get together with us last winter in Opelika for dinner. Glenn and I thought they liked us at the time. I'm not sure exactly the proper way to make the apologies I need to make so bear with me. Dixie I was shocked to hear from the nice lady camped next to us at Oak Mountain the the t-shirts had been donated for the bash. Glenn and I almost argued with her telling her that we had sent our money to you. Of course, you know how silly I felt when I saw the www.powerbutter.com on the back of the shirts. Boy that was a dead give away for that donation rumor. I remember asking about that and being told it was because they wanted their name on the shirts. Well, duh, sponsors almost always want their name on what they are paying for. So now I am apologizing to you for allowing this story to be pasted on. All the hard work that Linda and Dixie did for the Bash was appreciated. I felt it was awful that no one would help them. There was so many that offered and turned away. I didn't offer. After all I am older and somewhat senile according to some reports. Besides I felt I was more useful caring for children of ladies who were far more important and didn't have husbands who were interested in caring for their children. Linda I apologize for not making sure your children ate at the Bash. I did feel terrible when I found out they had note eaten. Now for the apology most of you have been waiting to hear. I truly am sorry that you feel threatened by me that you would need to shout ugly remarks. A loving, caring, and supporting board????????? I see a few angry, unhappy, insecure people who blame the world for whatever is wrong in their lives. I also saw some beautiful people with a sense of humor and welcoming spirit. To you, I say thank you. For those of you who have a personal agenda concerning me, please send me an email and let's work it out. I haven't had WLS but I have a weight problem for a lifetime so I understand many of the things you have suffered before WLS. I will leave your "private" board alone unless you continue to slander my name. God be with you. Brenda A.
Becky L.
on 9/16/05 10:25 pm - Madison, AL
Morning all! Well, now that I've had some sleep and am feeling a bit more human I wanted to comment briefly: I personally have never been persecuted anywhere on any OH board, nor have I done so. I didn't even know it exhisted until chatting with a friend from Baltimore who is having WLS done. I had thought about it on and off for some time, but never went any farther. She told me about the OH site and sent me the URL. When I first came to OH it was right after the Bash apparently. I thought "bash" was an appropriate word, because I was hearing and seeing a lot of it. To the point, if I remember, I asked that for my sake and for the sakes of others like me, to please remember that newbies need some support...and if I didn't find it here, I didn't know where else I could go. I was not there, it was before my time so to speak. So I can't comment on what happened, I can't say anyone was right or wrong, and I WILL NOT pick sides. I have made a number of friends here at OH. Most are on the IG board, because I have felt a true sense of support here. I purposefully try to stay out of this particular conflict...because its not any of my business...and there are a lot of strong feelings involved. When high emotions become involved, people tend to be less rational and honestly...I didn't care anything about being hammered with who did what. Too, sometimes people are going to believe what they believe and not me or anyone else is going to change their minds...so why even get into it? I have wanted to try and build a support system for myself and for others like me in the Huntsville area. When I post to the BB, very few reply to my posts. Now, is it necessary that I have mounds of replies to my posts? No...lol...of course not, its almost like there are a few that always reply to certain people, but the general population seems to float along with a bit here and there. I'm the kind of person, that if I see someone post from my area and they're new and looking...I will send them a private email to introduce myself, say hello, and to tell them that some of us do try and get together for dinner etc, from time to time and to please join us if they are able. Sometimes I even post to them on the board...quite frequently I never hear anything back from them. Who knows, maybe its just a lack of common courtesy. Its disheartening to see the rift that is here in this area. People are not always going to agree...but I think we can learn to disagree peacefully...or at least try to. Its always difficult for anyone who is new and trying to get into a social group...no matter what you do, you are still an outsider and it takes time for people to get to know you and for you to know them. I think for me...it depends on how hard I have to work to get to know someone. If I really have to WORK just to get to know someone, then that tells me that they're really not that interested if I'm the only one who seems to be making an effort. If someone posts about something and I feel particularly strong about it, I will post...sometimes I guess its not what they are expecting to hear...but it is always done from a heart of caring. I try to help people look at things from a different angle and to give them other perspectives. Do I have all the answers? Nah...but I try to give thoughtful responses. Anyway...Brenda, I don't know if we've ever met or not. I went to the picnic in Anniston that Saturday, but I was late getting there and I don't remember if we were introduced or not. I do hope to meet a number of you that I have not met yet. My apologies...it didn't turn out to be a brief post after all! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend! Becky
Most Active
Recent Topics
New Meetup in VA
shoutjoy · 0 replies · 384 views
muscle spasms after bypass
Erica K. · 2 replies · 804 views
ignore testing
ahart250 · 0 replies · 479 views
Ignore - testing
awayfrmitall · 0 replies · 456 views