do people stare at you while you are eating?

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/06 1:58 pm - back in jeans, CT

Hi all, do people actually stare at you while you are eating? My mother is the only one that stares at every single grain of food that I am eating to see how big my bites are.. It makes me soooooooooooooooo mad!!

I love her dearly, don't get me wrong, but the staring got to go!!! And it's not out of concern.  It's just to see me eating..  Yikes.. If I am eating my meat meals which I take too long, she just stares at every more I make..  And don't forget the comments!! Yikes, give me a break.. I got to love her anyway..  Does anyone do that to you? Christine

K B (Tucson)
on 8/11/06 2:01 pm - Tucson, AZ
My thinking about tis issue is  - WHO CARES?!  I am having great successs with the band.  So what if i eat very slowly and take frequent rest breaks?  All that matters is that i eat healthily and enjoy my food.  i am NOT concerned with what other people think.  I would rather be stared at for eating slowly than stared at for being obese.
msroro
on 8/11/06 2:06 pm - Richmond, VA
just lean over and say Damn whatchu lookin at!! Just kidding i expect that this will be happening to me also thats why I refuse to tell certain people. Seriously, talke to her about it tell her that yu feel a little uncomfortable and I bet she will try her best to stop

peggyann B.
on 8/11/06 2:06 pm - west palm bch, FL
I am going to NJ for my vacation next week. I was banded on May 24th. My family is the type that everyone likes the dinning room table to sit around and eat talk and eat. It should be interesting. My husband watches me eat. I got to love him he tells me to slow down, put the fork down, chew my food more and arent you full yet. Sometimes i want to scream at him but I know he wants me healthy. I will put up with it. I just hope he doesnt do it in front of my family. PJ  

Believe in the magic of your dreams.......PJB

sharyn_pear
on 8/11/06 3:34 pm - Australia
Make sure you're not sitting in front of her lol.  If she is to the side and keeps staring tell her she'll get a sore neck and her food will get stuck in her throat!
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/06 2:09 am - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
bplamport
on 8/11/06 4:41 pm - Bellevue, WA
my bet is that this isn't the only thing she is nosy about.  time for therapy.  i know for me issues have come up that, because I can't turn to food, i have had to address.  it is a blessing in disguise.  it gives us the chance to work on issues, instead of letting them go on and on and fester. it is the best money i have ever spent- besides my band.  boy do i know how hard it is to deal with moms.  lots of guilt is there when we stand up for ourselves.  good luck. -brandi
MrsJinx
on 8/11/06 11:01 pm - Somewhere, MA
I think people probably stared at us more (with disgust) when we were able to eat heaping plates of foods, then get up for seconds! If anyone wants to stare at the way I eat now - Be My Guest! I'm proud of the small portions that satisfy me, and I don't care about what anyone thinks.
pdurham
on 8/11/06 11:43 pm - Hodgenville, KY
I'm worried about that happening to me with my 2 children and husband.  They love me and support me, but I know they will be watching me at first.  I am going to have to lovingly let them know that I know what I'm doing and if I mess up I'll have to pay the price.  I'll think they'll get used to it though eventually.  If you it gets too bad I guess you could lovingly let her know you want her to back off.  If that don't work then maybe don't eat around her.  I hope it gets better for you. Paula
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/06 1:56 am - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
Two of my children. 
Most Active