HCG Shots??

jcolson1027
on 6/17/13 5:19 pm

After menopaus is actually when your hormone levels are at their worst. That's why so many doctors are prescribing HRT for women in their 50's. If there is any time you need MORE hormones, it's now!

A lot of it has to do with the fact that 99% of us don't get the nutrients needed to optimize our bodies own systems. HCG is just a hormone on the list of hormones that can affect you.

Just because it is used for weight loss, doesn't somehow automatically make it bad. I think people need to get off the "Diets are Bad" bandwaggon, and stop making excuses.

I can tell you that the affects of losing weight REALLY fast such as, lowering blood pressure, bad cholesterol,  increasing insulin sensitivity and sensitivity to other hormones such as Leptin, glucagon, etc., is much healthier than the "theoretical" side effects of the HCG diet, that have yet to manifest themselves.

Look it up. Doctors will list ALL KINDS of side effects of HCG that haven't yet happened, and yet TONS of OTC drugs kill Americans each year; Literally in the MILLIONS. Maybe we need to rethink our MD's, and stop listening to them about things they aren't trained on... "DIET"... and listen to those that ARE trained and certified to help us. A regular nutritionist or dietician is going to be LIGHT-YEARS ahead of ANY MD in telling us what diet we should follow, or what we should eat.

People pay attention to who you are getting your info from. Certainly don't listen to top ranked article's online from random authors who are nothing but professional article writers. They do it to make money, using key terms that will give them more traffic, and controversy. Don't listen to quack MD's who spend their time on the internet throwing "Diets" under the bus, when they have no personal experience prescribing it.

happy_mom
on 5/7/15 5:12 pm

So this is a little late, but I used Hcg for weight loss some years ago. It worked great and I felt great with no weird side effects (maybe I am just lucky not really sure). When I stopped taking it yes I stopped losing weight but it took me more then 6 years to gain back the 80 pounds I lost. I have been looking for a doctor in the phoenix area who will prescribe it so I can use it again. Last time I used it I lived in California. If you decide to use it please go to an actual doctor for a prescription. I tried to order it online once and it was terrible and did not work at all.

sweetdaisy3208
on 3/7/08 4:32 am - Somewhere In, GA
HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) is different from HGH (Human Growth Hormone).  Two totally different things!
Sonja W.
on 3/7/08 4:34 am - Surprise, AZ
Yeah - I wasn't sure about that either??  I know she said it was human growth hormone, maybe I misheard the HCG -- But WHERE would I come up with that one on my own??  Hmmm
Sonja 
Starting:  283      Current:  225      Goal:  150

Sonja W.
on 3/7/08 4:39 am - Surprise, AZ
Alright - here's a website I found about HcG, and I'm sure there are many others, in case anyone is interested. http://hcgobesity.org/index.html
Sonja 
Starting:  283      Current:  225      Goal:  150

sweetdaisy3208
on 3/7/08 5:18 am - Somewhere In, GA
The reason it's not covered by her insurance is that it's not approved by the FDA for this use.  It's used for men who need more testosterone and women who need to get pregnant through IVF...I am pretty anti-medicine for everything, and think it sounds dangerous.  Anything that messes with your hormones is not a good long term healthy strategy.
kimkimmie
on 3/7/08 12:29 pm, edited 3/7/08 1:03 pm - Jacksonville, FL
My mom used to do the HCG back in  the late 70's, she said they did it at health clubs.  She said it worked.  It was and still is expensive.  I think some celebrities do it now a days and a friend of mine has a friend that lost weight too.  I heard it is derived from pregnant pigs urine???  Anyway I hate shots - but I will suffer for the fills since I have a lot of faith in what the lap band can help me do.  If I had money to burn I would probably consider it if I did a lot of research and found it safe and effective, but I don't think it will bring long term sucess.  As with most 'diets' when you stop doing it the weight and some extra finds it's way back home. *I googled it and it seems it is derived from the urine of pregnant women if that is even true - didn't see anything about pigs.  I heard it word of mouth, so could have been a rumor ~Kim
jcolson1027
on 6/17/13 5:23 pm

Don't do the lap band. We have patients come in all the time because they had it done, and they are literally dieing. They don't tell you the horror stories.

Recently, we had a lady come in to lose weight, because she was eating only 800 calories a day, and is GAINING weight. Her body is unable to get the nutrients it needs, yet it is able to store calories as fat like crazy now. Lap band is irreversible, and almost EVERYONE who does it gains ALL the weight back and more.

Nancy W
on 3/7/08 12:39 pm
(hanging head in shame) I did this in the 80's after my first son was born. I did lose a ton of weight, but they also gave me Phentermine along with it....so who knows if it did anything?

Cathy D.
on 6/17/09 1:23 pm - Stanwood, WA
I had the HCG shots a long time ago when I first went into the military.  My mother has always had thyroid trouble and her dr she saw also had a weight loss clinic. I would go take go in weekly for a shot and every month get my suppply of supplements.  It worked very well.  The diet was pretty much a high protien lo carb. all meat cheese eggs you want.  If i could find another dr in my area I would do it again.  After my back injury broken back (today I read an article about bypass surgery and broken bones and scares me****pt my weight off until I started having back trouble and could not longer walk without trouble,  in pain so bad just like I was when I was at my heaviest and nothing helped. depression set in. now my back is fixex I still have nerve damage. and now suffer from other problems resulting from the injury.  I'd give anything for the HCG shots again. they really helped me almost 30 years ago.
Most Active