Negativity....good grief.

Phyllis C.
on 1/13/11 9:10 am
I object to the term "band basher."  The band is an inanimate object, it has no feelings.  I just do not understand why anyone would object to hearing both sides of the story.  I believe I have been respectful to everyone I have responded to.

Do you not agree that everyone with a band needs support.  People who are having problems don't need to hear about how successful someone else is.  They need to have support from someone who has been there done that.

It's not like I don't know what I am talking about.  I know my story doesn't apply to everyone.  It's not about them.  It's about someone who is going through what I went through.  It is about people who are trying to make a decision and need to hear both sides of the story.

I think it is terribly selfish for anyone to want to silence all but the successful bansters.

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

amystone
on 1/13/11 7:07 am

What I would like to know is....where do these people find the time? It's the same ones over and over. Don't they have a life? I come on here once, maybe twice a week, and honestly it's not even for support. Sure, I've asked a question here and there, but honestly, it's become just entertainment for me.  I get a laugh out of some of the BS that I read on here. I guess it makes me feel young again. It's the type of bickering and BS that I remember from high school.
coachgrrl
on 1/13/11 8:17 am
 WOW 
I just figured out there is a block button under every post.  I thought I had to go to my control panel to block,

Who knew...

and bye Phyllis, I won't be reading your posts anymore.  Whatever it is you're looking for I wish you luck finding it...

mary101678
on 1/13/11 10:11 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
I have to agree with Coachgirl. It's a total waste of people's time. I find the anti-bansters to be very annoying when I come to this forum for support.

I usually only post on the Rhode Island forum, but there are mostly bypass patients although there are some sleeve people there too. But everyone is nice and supportive on the RI site.
This acrimony is just irritating. And it's no longer entertaining.

Please, go start your own forum and stop spamming and trolling the LAP BAND Forum!

Good luck with your new procedure. I am sure you will do well.

monymony
on 1/13/11 12:19 pm
Amen! That is why I have decided not to post as often. I am so tired of the negativity. We need to respect each others decisions and stop the bashing. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Kate -True Brit
on 1/13/11 2:33 pm - UK

Mona is a classic example of a very successful vet who stopped posting because of negativity. I also have left the board for months at a time.

BLock 2 specific people and the sheer nastiness goes, add another 2 and that takes out the not quite so nasty negativity. That leaves several regulars who have had bad experiences but share supportively (N.M. and Zee Starlite).

Result, a much pleasanter board which still gives all sides of the band!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active