Port Replacement

adorkbl
on 1/12/11 10:23 am
So I have officialy scheduled my port replacement. I really truly hope this will be it. I am SOO ready to get back to losing. I decided I am going to stay on the looser side this time, and do more head work and expect less from my band. I think I really expected it to do it all. And I pushed it.

I remember the pain... the chest pressure... the pb'ing on 1 or 2 bites of salad. I hope that by staying a bit looser those issues will resolve.

I will be absolutely CRUSHED if I STILL have pain, chest pressure, PB'ing on healthy foods.

I hope that finding a consistent restriction will be the key.

Anyone with similar experience... would LOVE to hear your story & results. Thanks.

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

steelerfan1
on 1/12/11 11:46 pm
HI there,

I haven't had any of your experiences but I have been reading your posts and I wish you the best of luck replacing your port :o)

It must not have been a easy decision on what to do , but you made your decision and I wish you all the best !!!

I would have done the same thing as you !!

Good luck !!!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

adorkbl
on 1/13/11 8:58 am
On January 13, 2011 at 7:46 AM Pacific Time, steelerfan1 wrote:
HI there,

I haven't had any of your experiences but I have been reading your posts and I wish you the best of luck replacing your port :o)

It must not have been a easy decision on what to do , but you made your decision and I wish you all the best !!!

I would have done the same thing as you !!

Good luck !!!
Thanks. And congrats on your weightloss so far! :)

Posted Image

gallbladder  

L B.
on 1/13/11 12:06 am
Please dont think im dumb but what is pbing? My surgery is next week.ty=)
adorkbl
on 1/13/11 8:57 am
On January 13, 2011 at 8:06 AM Pacific Time, LillyWV wrote:
Please dont think im dumb but what is pbing? My surgery is next week.ty=)
Not a dumb question at all!! :) Here is a glossary of LapBand terms you might find helpful.

PB
Productive burping. This is a ‘bandster’ term that refers to the regurgitation that most Bandsters will experience at least once in their Bandster lives when we’ve eaten more or larger pieces than than can be passed through the stoma. Since the food has not been digested, there is no odor, stomach acid, or retching involved but there may be a varying degree of phlegm that accompanies it. PB episodes may last anywhere from 1 minute to two hours, depending on the individual and cir****tances. After a PB episode, under most cir****tances, it’s best to refrain from eating at that meal and let the stoma rest.

Posted Image

gallbladder  

LauraAnnIrwin
on 1/24/11 10:40 pm
Have you had the surgery yet? I had port replaced yesterday and looking for someone to share what my next few days and week will be like.

adorkbl
on 1/25/11 8:11 am
adorkbl
on 1/25/11 8:11 am

Yup I had it replaced on the 17th. I just took my surgi strips off because they were starting to come off. The first few days it hurt to move around... kind of like after original surgery. Had hubby help me up of couch etc so I wouldn't strain the wound. Couldn't sleep on my side for a few days.

I tried going back to work the day after... but I ended up taking the two days after surgery off. It was too uncomfortable to be sitting for 10 hours a day and typing, reaching, etc… today is actually the first day I feel pretty much 100% back to normal. I would feel comfy exercising... not weight lifting... but walking, elliptical, running, etc.

I had mine replaced under local anesthesia (budget reasons/self pay), so I didn't have gas pain, nausea, etc to contend with.

My surgeon agreed to put 4cc's in my band during the port surgery so I could hopefully get filled to 6.5cc's during my next fill. *crossing fingers* I am going in for my fill on Thursday. I hope he can actually fill me...  I can't feel this new port... at all. And I have been poking around. Don't know if it is because of swelling or because he placed a low profile port.

How has your experience been so far? Did your surgeon give you some fill level back during your replacement surgery? I was kind of bummed I couldn't be filled up to a workable fill level... I want to avoid fills as MUCH as possible after this experience.

Posted Image

gallbladder  

Most Active