Twingy pain and tingling

kbagnell
on 3/22/11 10:48 am - Bristol, Canada
I don't know what's going on but since Sunday I've had this weird tingly feeling in my stomach, just below my port and ever so slightly to the right.  It varies from tingly to a mild twinge and I can't think of any other way to describe it.  I had an episode on Sunday when I ate a small piece of banana bread which got sort of stuck.  It did go down but was rather scary as this was the first time having such an episode.  Have I caused some damage?  It's now Tuesday and now I have this tingly business and am a little concerned.  Anyone had this before?  I am 4 1/2 weeks post op.  Appreciate some guidance.  Thx, Karol
Evelyn M.
on 3/23/11 12:36 am - United Kingdom
Hi Karol,
one poster said they never got stuc****ill they had their 2nd fill..I don't really know myself because I am only out for 2 1/2 weeks now, but the hospital said that your body has to get used to everything "new" that is inside your body. Just remember to chew well and to eat slowly and you should be fine. If you are worried, I would double check with your doctor- just call them and ask, that's what they're here for :)
Roll on weight loss!

Stephanie M.
on 3/23/11 1:00 am
If you were to have caused damage from getting stuck, you wouldn't feel it below your port.  It is probably because you are getting more active and since the port is attached to the facia of the abdominal muscle, it will react to activity from time to time.  If it gets worse or is still bothering you in a couple of days, call your doctor. 

Banana bread is not a band-friendly food for most people...

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

kbagnell
on 3/23/11 2:28 am - Bristol, Canada

Thanks for the advice.  Sometimes it's just nice to know there are others out there in the same boat!  Realistically, I think I'm just adjusting to the band and probably haven't done any damage but I also vacuumed on Saturday, which I wasn't supposed to do, and that worried me too.  Seems a little better today ... we'll see.  Thanks again!

Most Active