Here's my story

robinespeland
on 3/24/11 1:54 pm - OR
Hi Krista- I'm sorry to hear your up too. Maybe we can start fresh together.....Its good to see famiiar faces!

airhead_74
on 3/23/11 9:21 pm
DS on 08/20/12
Welcome back! I am fairly new here so you don't know me. But I look forward to seeing you succeed one again.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

robinespeland
on 3/24/11 1:55 pm - OR
Thanks so much for making me feel welcome!

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 12:09 am - Des Moines, IA
Welcome back Robin!  I wonder if your gain made the band feel tighter?  I know when we lose weight, the band is "loser". ( Not that the band actually changes but our stomach size does.)

I have pretty much been within the same 10 pounds for too long, I'm talking since last summer.  I'm going to get a fill, haven't had one in over 6 months and my hunger has increased, so I will try a little fill in a few weeks.

I think being on this board really helps me to not feel alone in this journey.

Take care,
Kristi
robinespeland
on 3/24/11 1:59 pm - OR
Hi Kristi

I suppose it could be because of the weight gain. However I been hovering at the same weight for several months so I don't reaaly know. But I am sure glad it's back!

I agree with you about being on the board. I remember when I lived to chat on here..I am glad to be back!

Lori O.
on 3/24/11 12:53 am - Canada
 I've only been here since September but I have already experienced weird restriction with my band - one day I can eat a whole cup+ of chili and the next day I can barely eat 1/3 of it.  The nurse said yesterday at my monthly check-up that when we lose weight the band will loosen up and if we eat salty foods and retain water water is retained in all cells of our body even the cells of the stoma which can cause the band to feel tighter.

Do you go to the surgeon for check-ups?

Welcome back & congrats on the 10 pounds - you can do it!

robinespeland
on 3/24/11 2:04 pm - OR
Hi Lori-

I haven't been to the surgeon for a while. I am working temp job right now at a much lower pay rate,and I am self pay. So I am just floating along. Funny thing is that I was about to talk to my husband about a fill, which would cost us about $200. so I am very greatful this has happened. You know for me when I start to lose weight it gives me momentum to work harder. So hopefully I'm on track. I would love to be able to sear shorts this summer. Good luck to you on this new journey. You can do it, the band is an awesome tool. I have never been sorry I got it.

Lisa O.
on 3/24/11 2:56 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Well there you are!  Welcome back.  This is where you need to be and I'm so happy you're here!

My support group is meeting this Saturday at 9:00.  Let me know if you want to make the drive! 

You can do this Robin and we're here to help!  No more hiding!

I'm praying for continued strength and determination for you!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

robinespeland
on 3/24/11 2:07 pm - OR
Lisa!!!!! I am so glad to hear from you. You have always been one of my favorite people. I would love to come to your support group but I can't this weekend, we already made plans....But you know what, I will try to come to the next one. Let me know when it is! I am back to stay. I need you guys, I promise no more hiding!!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 4:29 pm - San Diego, CA
Welcome back Robin...I do remember you!  Sounds like the Band Fairy paid you a visit 3 weeks ago.  Just in time to give you that drive again to lose.  Yay.  Restriction: It's a beautiful thing! :)
Most Active