Here's my story

robinespeland
on 3/23/11 1:15 pm - OR
Hi I'm back, I don't know how many of you will remember me, but I had my surgery 4 years ago and had great results, I lost over 80 pounds. Then about a year ago, my band seemed to stop working, I started to get discouraged and began to drink more starbuck and I rediscovered ice cream (both of which are very evil for me). Now I have put back on about 50 pounds. I really hate myself, I look at pictures and can't believe what I have done. Then about 3 weeks ago, I woke up one morning and felt different. I was soon to find out why. For some reason my restriction is back and it is perfect restriction. It is crazy! I have lost about 10 pounds, since it came back, this is the weirdest thing, but it is great! Anyhow, I hope you guys don't mind, but I need support to get this weight back off!

LifeisWonderful
on 3/23/11 1:34 pm - Bedford, TX
Hi Robin and welcome back!  I know all too well what you're going through. I'm 2 yrs post op and going through the same thing. It seems like the old me is kicking and screaming to come back! I've learned to wrap my brain around the fact that I WILL NOT BE THAT FAT GIRL EVER AGAIN! I came here tonight just like you wanting and asking for any advice anyone could give. Jean made perfect sense to me and helped me to realize where I was lacking in my struggle to get off this horrible plateau I'm on. WE can and WE will beat the fat girl that's trying to win! Time to get back to the basics and start from the beginning. I know I'm going to get back to eating right and eating my protein and kick my exercise up 10 notches! When you see starbucks just tell yourself do I really need that? If you do, then make smart choices and get a skinny latte. LOL  Good luck and you know like I know that we can do this. We took that step to become a healthier happier person when we chose WLS so we know we can help our tool to get us back where we need to be!  
robinespeland
on 3/23/11 2:17 pm - OR
Thank you so much for the kind words. Maybe we were meant to be here at the sme time to encourge each other. How is your restriction? I swear, I didn't have any for the longest time. I am so glad it's back and I will be back on the forum too. Stay true to yourself my friend, we CAN do this!

Kate -True Brit
on 3/23/11 5:01 pm - UK

Robin, I remember you! Sorry things went a bit pear-shaped for you but glad that you are back on track!

Stay with us! I think it really helps to come and chat to other bandsters!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

robinespeland
on 3/24/11 1:52 pm - OR
Hey Kate, I remember you too. It is good to be back, I really need the encouragement! Thanks for still being here. Oh by the way you look awesome!

Krista C.
on 3/23/11 8:25 pm - Quispamsis, Canada
Welcome back. Robin! I'm not here much these days but I can relate to the gain. I'm up about 40 from my lowest as well. It happens to the best of us. What matters is now and you're back with a vengeance! Congrats on the 10 lbs gone -- that's GREAT!

debbiejean58
on 3/23/11 11:36 pm - Antioch, TN
Hijack - Krista, your picture is beautiful!!! How are you doing have not seen you in a while.
Krista C.
on 3/24/11 6:34 am - Quispamsis, Canada
Look at you, you sexy thang! This pic of me is a year old but thanks :) Did you know I am engaged to be married this summer? Life sure can change in a heartbeat! We've been together 13 months and are head over hells in love,

robinespeland
on 3/24/11 1:56 pm - OR
Congrats Krista-
When is the wedding?

debbiejean58
on 3/24/11 11:49 pm - Antioch, TN
Congratulations!!!! Well my news is not so good my husband left me about 2 months ago but it is ok, I will be fine. I have already been asked out by a few guys and one in particular is very nice and has me thinking.......lol.
Most Active