No restriction

BandMeUp
on 3/28/11 10:32 pm - PA
I HAVE NO RESTRICTION AT ALL. I have only had one fill so far and that 2 weeks ago (3/14/2011), I actually called my DR during the week of the fill to see if I could get my next one a bit earlier so I'll be getting a second fill next week on 4/4/2011. I know that I have to give it a few fills before I actually feel any restriction but I've waited so long to get rid of this weight and just wanna work with my tool the best way possible. I actually gained a pound this week, UGH! what a bummer
Cant wait to meet the "New Me"  
Highest Weight  : 274lbs
Weight At Surgery: 264lbs

Lisaizme
on 3/28/11 11:49 pm - TX
Just be careful.

My doctor doesn't give fills any sooner than 4 weeks apart because fills can sometimes take up to 2 weeks to "kick in".

I've been banded 2 years now.  My last fill was in December and exactly 10 days later I was suddenly tighter.

I know and understand how hard it is to wait.. I had to beg for my first fill because I was losing so well.  I did get it, but it was smallish (1 cc).  Just keep weighing and measuring your food and staying on the bandster guidelines and this will work.

And don't be dismayed if your doc gives you small fills.. mine have all been small, 1cc was the most I've ever gotten.  I was taken up very slowly and have only had to be unfilled once.  Much better than fill/unfill/fill/unfill.

Hang in there.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

crystal M.
on 3/29/11 12:14 am - Joliet, IL
I know how you feel.  I felt that way for a year.  There are a lucky few that have restriction right away.  But for me I had no restriction at all.  I was hungry all of the time.  I tried to follow the band rules but 4-6 oz of protein still left my tummy growling in hunger.  Of course if you are on a starvation diet, after awhile you cheat...and then I would feel bad and guilty.  It took me about 7-8 fills to get to the point where 4-6 oz was enough for me.  I can still eat more if I wanted to but I am satisfied with 4-6 oz that I don't have the need or the desire to eat more.  You just have to be patient....It is worth the wait....I have lost 140 lbs.   
steelerfan1
on 3/29/11 1:25 am, edited 3/29/11 1:26 am
My doc is like LIsa's it dont matter how much you beg, cry or pout he wont give you a fill till after your four weeks is up sometimes he makes you wait as long as six .

He has had patients fills dont kick in till three weeks later sometimes as much as four .  He dont want you to be running back and forth getting fills and unfills all the time .

Like my doc always said the lapband surgery takes will power and self control also you . You need to have them things also . Its hard but it can be done :o)

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

psychomom
on 3/29/11 2:26 am - China Grove, NC
Hang in there! Remember it also depends on how much the Dr is putting in each time too. If he is more conservative it may take a little longer to see results. Ask how much you have and are getting if you are unsure. It does take time to build up to the right restriction AND we all want it right away.LOL It will come ! 

Most Active