Stomach flu and lb problems?

Love2nicks
on 4/8/11 8:00 am
I do not have the stomach flu currently but it IS going around my house. i am PETRIFIED.  Can I please have some info on how to deal with the flu and the band? I have no clue what to expect. Maybe I will get lucky but at some point in my life I'm going to get the dreaded bug.  I do have phenergan suppositories in the fridge but I'm still worried that wont' work.
TIA
]        
Jean M.
on 4/8/11 9:19 am
Revision on 08/16/12
When I read the title of this thread, I jumped right in to tell you to get an RX for an anti-nausea med, and here you are with Phenergan suppositories all ready to go. Since Phenergan tablets work well for me, I have to think the suppositories would also work well (and maybe faster), so I think you're all set. But why not call your surgeon's office and discuss this with them?

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

psychomom
on 4/8/11 9:24 am - China Grove, NC
I would call them too b/c sometimes with viruses they would rather you not take anything to prevent it running its course so as not to prolong it. But you cannot do alot of vomitting either so your Dr would be the best one to advise you . When it came thru our house I did take some OTC anti nausea stuff though and luckily did not have much of an issue after.I took pepto as well . Drink plenty of liquids and WASH , WASH , WASH those hands !!!! LOL Lysol on the commonly touched things ....phones,doorknobs,toilets ,sinks etc helps too! Good luck :)

D. Scott
on 4/8/11 3:29 pm
RNY with
Hopefully your Dr. is more willing than mine to work with you on this issue. There have been a couple of times I have been sick since being banded. The milder times I seem to just get diahrea to get the virus out while my stomach gurgles, but once it was absolutely awful. I heaved every 20-40 minutes for six hours painfully never getting anything up. I think after that intense of a day that I may not be able to actually vomit now (not while tight anyways). My Dr refuses to give me an anti nausea medication insisting that if I have the flu I need to come in immediately to be unfilled. Even though they know I live 80 miles away and could never drive that far while heaving with diahrea. Best of luck!

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

Most Active