Stomach Spasms??

patriceo
on 4/9/11 11:50 am
Hey everyone! So far since I have been banded everything was ok up until about Wed. night.  After I drank something I would experience these horrible spasms in my stomach around the port.  I met my doctor today and he took 3 cc out of my band.  He banded me with 5 cc!  But although some of the reflux has stopped this spazzing hasn't.  Any ideas of what this could be?  I have tried drinking my fluids at room temp and that has helped some.  I am  hoping I will not have to have my band removed!!!!
God give me the courage to change the things that I can

Lisaizme
on 4/9/11 8:10 pm - TX
Have you tried warm liquids.. not just room temp.  Hot tea or hot coffee.  If your doc forbids caffeine, ho****er with lemon is also good.

How long ago were you banded?  It's probably just your tummy getting used to a foreign object around it.  Hang in there, things should get better soon.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

patriceo
on 4/9/11 10:55 pm
Thanks I sure hope so. I was just banded this past Monday.  This has me bummed out a little.  I'm praying about it but I still find myself second guessing my decision to do this.  

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/11 11:15 pm - Des Moines, IA
It's WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too early to think about having your band removed.  You just got it!  You are healing right now and you may even need more fluid removed.  I had no fluid in mine for 3 months.  I lost 30 pounds in those 3 months.  Keep your surgeon updated on how you are doing and if the spasms continue. 
Sweetpea2011
on 4/13/11 12:27 pm
I am no expert to be sure but, how fast are you drinking your beverages?  Once you have the band, drinking beverages as fast as one might have done in the past is not a good idea.  You need to eat and drink at a slower pace.  No guzzling.  also, are you drinking soda pop, carbonated beverages?  I always understood this to be a huge "no-no".
patriceo
on 4/13/11 2:25 pm
I don't drink carbornated beverages but I know I am drinking too fast even out of a sippy cup.  I am so thirsty!  It is hard for me to get adjusted to the fact that I can't even drink the way I use to!

Most Active