HITTING THE GYM

sharebear
on 4/12/11 5:25 am - POCATELLO, ID
VSG on 01/27/15
Ok, So i love going to the gym, I never have time to go at night and I love how I feel when I go in the morning!  Heres my issue.... I am having the hardest time falling asleep. Any advice or ideas on getting to sleep and sleeping restfully so I feel ready in the morning? Also little advice on the gym....really want to cut more inches faster around waist\tummy area any ideas on cutting that easier?

emily_1979
on 4/12/11 5:41 am
If caffeine is part of your diet, cut it out.  I know it keeps some awake even if they have it early in the day.  And give yourself a few days to get into the routine of it.  Even if you are tired in the morning, hit the gym anyway.  Wear yourself out and eat right and you will sleep a ton better.

As for cutting fat, I SWEAR by amino acids.  They have worked like lipo for me.  They basically "saran wrap" the muscles to protect them so that all of your calories are burned from your fat and not your muscles or organs.  I have a little bit of loose skin, but I am truly surprised at the definiteion in my body.  Especially since I rarely work out.  I have probably only been to the gym 10 times in the past year.

Best of luck!

sharebear
on 4/12/11 5:50 am - POCATELLO, ID
VSG on 01/27/15
Ok, so for amino acids.... in what form are you taking them? Pill form? If so advice on dosage etc? I would love more info on that!!

I do caffeine, once in the morning I have a rockstar recovery. It has no carbination, and it has electrolytes, only 20 calls a can and 2g carbs. I am addicted to it.... you think cutting it will help?
I agree I need to just go, but i feel like i just got to sleep and have the hardest time!! GRRR!! Falling asleep is so hard lately. I was thinking meletonin... any thoughts on this?

jennylew
on 4/12/11 6:12 am - Hill AFB, UT
Emily,
    Yes!! Tell us more about Amino Acids!

Jen :)

Starting weight- 265     Goal weight- 165-145 
Hermosa L
on 4/12/11 5:50 am
There is no "spot" reducing.. My tummy is my worst area it was the biggest and still is.. but hey other friends it's more than thighs.. so it's individual...

What helped me with my waist is Zumba.. but my tummy is still there tho smaller but not as small as I would hope.

If you go to the gym too close to bedtime the endorphis keep you up.. I go right after work around 5:00 then come home and unwind watch tv and a hot shower and I pass out... caffine is not an issue for me...,

Good luck
sharebear
on 4/12/11 5:53 am - POCATELLO, ID
VSG on 01/27/15
I heard great things about p90 x for abs!! heard anything about this?
I have heard great things about zumba... tell about this.. What is it?

I am not going to the gym at night so its not the endorphins keeping me up.. idk what the issue is....

Hermosa L
on 4/12/11 6:10 am
you can do ab crunches till the cows come home but unless you lose the weight it won't make a difference they won't be seen

So you need to focus on losing weight... I'm not saying don't do abs crunches I'm saying they won't be your savior to losing your waist or your tummy... you have to lose weight..

Zumba is basically a dance class "latin" based for the most part

If you have a facebook friend Jillian Michaels she posts daily tips .. very informative without buying an of her products...

p90X is serious if your just starting out I would focus on making working out a habit first a simple combo of cardio and some weight lifting.. I have to admit when I first had surgery all I did was cardio but now I do more of a all body workout with weight lifting and cardio...
sharebear
on 4/12/11 6:15 am - POCATELLO, ID
VSG on 01/27/15
Well im not new. My bandaversay is the 26th of this month. I have lost 70lbs. So Im not new at it. I dont think I would do that entire p90x videos but I am thinking I want to do the ab workout for it, cause i heard its awesome!!

Zumba I heard is awesome cardio workout! would you recommend it? 

Lisaizme
on 4/12/11 6:59 am - TX
Zumba is a very good cardio and ab workout.

Regarding the sleep at night..   I workout in the AM too, and have always always always had difficulty falling asleep.. even when a child.  I start waking up at about 8pm.. and am raring to go!!  I've always been a night person.  Momma would lie down with me to get me to go to sleep.. she'd fall asleep and I'd come back in the living room and watch the Late Movie with Dad.  :)

What I do now is to take a couple of benadryl about an hour before I want to go to sleep.  This works well for me because 1) it helps me sleep and 2) I'm not as clogged in the morning from allergies & such.

You can try Melatonin.. it works for some people.  It's not strong enough for me.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

sharebear
on 4/12/11 7:11 am - POCATELLO, ID
VSG on 01/27/15
meletonin i have tried and it usually doesnt work ... sometimes it does. I will have to see about that benadryl idea though.... maybe that would work!!

Im going to have to try this zumba stuff

Most Active