Found this online and want to share!

Bette B.
on 4/11/11 12:13 am
Leaving the City of Regret

by: Larry Harp

I had not really planned on taking a trip this time of year, and yet I found myself packing rather hurriedly. This trip was going to be unpleasant and I knew in advance that no real good would come of it. I’m talking about my annual “Guilt Trip."

I got tickets to fly there on Wish I Had airlines. It was an extremely short flight. I got my baggage, which I could not check. I chose to carry it myself all the way. It was weighted down with a thousand memories of what might have been. No one greeted me as I entered the terminal to the Regret City International Airport. I say international because people from all over the world come to this dismal town.

As I checked into the Last Resort Hotel, I noticed that they would be hosting the year’s most important event, the Annual Pity Party. I wasn’t going to miss that great social occasion. Many of the towns leading citizens would be there.

First, there would be the Done family, you know, Should Have, Would Have and Could Have. Then came the I Had family. You probably know ol’ Wish and his clan. Of course, the Opportunities would be present, Missed and Lost. The biggest family would be the Yesterday’s. There are far too many of them to count, but each one would have a very sad story to share.

Then Shattered Dreams would surely make and appearance. And It’s Their Fault would regale us with stories (excuses) about how things had failed in his life, and each story would be loudly applauded by Don’t Blame Me and I Couldn’t Help It.

Well, to make a long story short, I went to this depressing party knowing that there would be no real benefit in doing so. And, as usual, I became very depressed. But as I thought about all of the stories of failures brought back from the past, it occurred to me that all of this trip and subsequent “pity party" could be cancelled by ME! I started to truly realize that I did not have to be there. I didn’t have to be depressed. One thing kept going through my mind, I CAN’T CHANGE YESTERDAY, BUT I DO HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE TODAY A WONDERFUL DAY. I can be happy, joyous, fulfilled, encouraged, as well as encouraging. Knowing this, I left the City of Regret immediately and left no forwarding address. Am I sorry for mistakes I’ve made in the past? YES! But there is no physical way to undo them.

So, if you’re planning a trip back to the City of Regret, please cancel all your reservations now. Instead, take a trip to a place called, Starting Again. I liked it so much that I have now taken up permanent residence there. My neighbors, the I Forgive Myselfs and the New Starts are so very helpful. By the way, you don’t have to carry around heavy baggage, because the load is lifted from your shoulders upon arrival. God bless you in finding this great town. If you can find it — it’s in your own heart — please look me up. I live on I Can Do It street.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Stephanie M.
on 4/11/11 12:17 am
Perfect Monday morning message!  Thanks Bette!  Your Avatar avatar looks great!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Barbara B.
on 4/11/11 12:30 am - Indiana, PA
That is just awesome.  Thank you for sharing!!  Barb
                      Barb Blatt  ~  Surgery Date:  May 27, 2011  

Lisa O.
on 4/11/11 12:45 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Thank you Bette!  I need this today.  I struggle with burying my past regrets and this story is going to be posted for me to remember daily that the past is the past.

This is a line from Psalm 103:12 that helps me:
"As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us."

While regret is somewhat different from self-pity or discouragement, the story reminded me of the battle I wage daily on my past that haunts me, so I thought I'd share. 

Best~
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Bette B.
on 4/11/11 12:49 am
 I found it on a site I read about recently in a magazine:

http://www.secretsocietyofwomen.com/

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

marypatf
on 4/11/11 1:47 am
I lOVE IT~~~

I have spent too many days in that dismal town!!!  Sometimes still stop there, but much more briefly than before....

I love your beautiful blue baldness 
HW-272, PreOp Diet Start-269, SurgWeight-256,                                               CurrentWeight 189. 

Denise C.
on 4/11/11 2:33 am - Spokane, WA
Lap Band on 05/31/11 with
This was AMAZING lift to my morning!! Thank you! I'm a very visual person...so I was in elucidation heaven!!    Happy Monday to you!!   

~ Denise ~

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/11 3:25 am
I love this!!! Thank you so much for sharing.
Tina1025
on 4/11/11 3:39 am - MD
This was perfect for my day.

Jeanie B.
on 4/11/11 4:57 am - Louisville, KY
   Great post! Thanks for sharing this!
Jeanie B.
The Chorus Teacher with the Band

Most Active