Trader Joes, what to look for when I go???

Donnamarie
on 4/17/11 1:30 am - NY
I see SO many of you posting about shopping at Trader Joe's.  I discovered we do have one about an hour or so away so this coming Saturday I will be going to Trader Joe's!!! I'm strangely excited.  Can you guys tell me what you are finding there that I am going to be unable to do without?  I don't want to look like a tourist in there, LOL, and find out that I've left without buying things that everyone loves.

"Accountability first to yourself, then nobody else matters"

NJDizzybee
on 4/17/11 2:07 am - Riverside Township, NJ
Hi DonnaMarie-  I did the same thing you are doing, asked on here what to get!  Their greek yogurt is really good, my fave is the Apricot Mango.  The roasted chicken patties, in the refridgerated meat section, are really, really good!  I add a slice of cheese on top and don't miss having a cheeseburger at all.  Also the Turkey Meatballs in the Frozen section, yummy!  Although I have the Saucy Scallops and stuffed Flounder in my freezer, I havent tried them yet.  My son loves ravioli, so I bought him the 4 cheese ravioli and he said they weren't that good :-(  But they were inexpensive, so not a big deal.  

Go ahead a look like a tourist - I'm sure I did because I wanted to look at everything.  Have fun!

Diana 

Donnamarie
on 4/17/11 2:38 am - NY
Thanks Diana!  

I didn't realize they even had their own Greek Yogurt!  I am finding that many of the ones I find around here are just blueberry, strawberry, plain or honey.  Not much variety.  I LOVE turkey meatballs and can do SO much with them.  I grabbed a bag of frozen meatballs from a local store and when I got them home I realized they weren't turkey but a mix of all the other meats.  Not my first choice! 

I guess this is going to be an expensive but fun trip!!!

Thanks

"Accountability first to yourself, then nobody else matters"

PaintingChef
on 4/17/11 11:10 pm - TN
I LOVE their Green Plant Juice.  Don't smell it, don't look at it, just drink it.  It's deliciously fruity and sweet.

And I second the turkey meatballs... YUM!
My blog:  PaintingChef

Most Active