LAP-BAND with gastric plication

Chevellat
on 7/3/11 5:37 am - NC
I had the lap band plication done on June 28, 2011 at Durham Regional. Everything went well. I'm doing good considering my father was funeralized on yesterday. I over did it a bit. I have actually lost 9 pounds. That's a wonderful thing.

Be encouraged and do what is best for your health and situation.
JustBrendaP
on 7/18/11 9:43 am, edited 7/18/11 9:44 am - GA
Hi all!  I'm fairly new to the site but have been on here being a lurker as well.  I am 2 days away from my surgery and am beyond ready to get to my surgery date! 

I will also be having LAP BAND with a gastric plication.  I'm interested to know how you are doing Lisa.  Any regrets? 

I hope everything went well and you continue to do well.

Chevellat
on 9/18/11 9:16 pm - NC
Well it's almost three months since my lap band plication surgery and I've lost 34 pounds. I feel wonderful!

catalynarose
on 1/26/12 6:19 am, edited 1/26/12 6:19 am
Hi all.  Well, I just had my plication done on Monday.  I've had the lapband for alomost seven years now, but I started to backslide a bit.  You know how we all tend to figure out how to do that.  Well anyways, I've lost five pounds four days out, of course that has everything to do with a liquid diet--which I am hating.  I am really praying that this plication is going to get me back in gear to losing.  I have 50 lbs to go to meet my goal weight.
MEMPHIS50
on 9/22/13 5:18 pm

I HAD MY LAP-BAND SURGERY IN 08-06, I LOST 50 LBS AND MY SURGEON LEFT TOWN, I WAS DOING GOOD FOR THE LAST  FEW YEARS WITH NO PROBLEM EVEN THOUGH I'M TAKING A BIG CHANCE WITH A FOREIGN BODY IN MY BODY AND NOT UNDER A DOCTOR CARE. NOW I'M GAINING THE WEIGHT BACK AND EXPERIENCING SOME HEALTH PROBLEM. I AM 62 YEARS OLD. DO YOU THING MY AGE WILL MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE TO HAVE THE SLEEVE DONE? I STARTED AT 298 LBS IN 2006 NOW I'M BACK AT 277 LBS HELD THIS FOR THE LAST YEAR. HEALTH PROBLEMS : BLOOD PRESSURE, BACK ,KNEES HURTS AND LOTS OF PAIN IN AREA OF LAP BAND.

Most Active