Advice Needed

Strgln2B Me
on 4/26/11 4:40 am - TN
I need some advice as it's been a very loooooong time since I've been on the boards, I'm at a loss, and this is the only place I have to turn. So here's the background... I will be 3 years out on Friday, 4/29. I got pregnant, had the baby in Sept 09. When I found out I was pregnant I was 213, my lowest weight EVER! lol My daughter will be 2 in Sept and I have yet to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight.  I've been going between 224 and 229 for about 6 months. Here's my dilemma, besides not having a lot of extra time: I can't eat before about 5 or 6 in the evening. And if I can eat before then it takes me about 2+ hours to eat half a sandwich. So by the time I get home in the evening I'm ready to scarf down everything. My mind goes back and forth between worrying that I'm too tight and thinking that I can't be because I'm not losing any weight. I exercise 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes a day. I'm at a loss here... Any advice?

Hermosa L
on 4/26/11 4:55 am
Here's my dilemma, besides not having a lot of extra time: I can't eat before about 5 or 6 in the evening. Why can't you eat before 5 or 6 in the evening.. is it because your working and simply can't or is it because you are too tight? If it because you are tooo tight then you clearly need an unfil. And if I can eat before then it takes me about 2+ hours to eat half a sandwich. There is nothing wrong with sandwiches per say but if you are tight or having problems eating I wouldn't choose bread.. i would eat deli low sodium turkey or chicken wrapped around cheese maybe dip it in some spicy mustard.. that might be a better option for you. So by the time I get home in the evening I'm ready to scarf down everything. My mind goes back and forth between worrying that I'm too tight and thinking that I can't be because I'm not losing any weight. Its easy to think because your not eating much you should lose weight but the fact is when most of us are experiencing our bands being too tight we don't lose... it's because we aren't getting proper nurtion or we are relying on slider foods... and our weight hits a big stall.. I bet if you had a bit of an unfil and you were able to eat more of a variety of foods you might see better results on the scale. But we need to know if your not eating in the day because your band is too tight but it gets looser at a night and thats when you consume most of your food for the day. Also remember I'm not carb nazi but if your consuming large quanity of complex carbs at night you don't have time to burn them off it's best to consume them in the day... I exercise 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes a day Exercise is great but if you do the same routine daily you need to mix it up.. you need to do something different so your muscles work differently try a class or a new machine and your muscles will be like OH that's new and your body is repairing it muscles differently the same stand by routine..

. I'm at a loss here... Any advice? Hope my advise helps :)
psychomom
on 4/26/11 5:28 am - China Grove, NC
If it is a time thing that keeps you from eating then you simply ned to make time to eat ! If you are too tight to eat before then you probably need an unfill . Remember.... if you are consuming calories it does not matter if they are all at once or spread out they are there and if you are not consuming ENOUGH calories you will not lose. I would keep track of everything I ate and drank for a few days and then go in to see the Dr and evaluate everything.

MARIA F.
on 4/26/11 5:30 am - Athens, GA

The band doesn't work for a LOT of ppl. There can be drastic variations in restriction like you  mentioned!

And a lot of ppl have had the band work initially and then just completely STOP.

You might want to check out the revision forum. If you've had it this long and it's not working..........it probably WON'T!

Good luck!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Hislady
on 4/26/11 6:17 am - Vancouver, WA
It really sounds to me like you may be too tight. I would never have been able to eat a sandwich or anything with bread. I'd suggest you stay away from bread and doughy type foods as they are usually very difficult for us. Try maybe having a protein drink in the AM if that's all you can get down and stick to just protein and veggies as you basic meals and see if that helps. If not a small unfill may be needed. When we are too tight we tend to eat whatever will go down, hence no weight loss. It seems like being tight would help but in fact it doesn't. You may need to get back with your doc and discuss it with him and see if he has suggestions. I'm empty now and can barely eat a piece of bread and couldn't at all when filled. Good luck to you!
crystal M.
on 4/26/11 7:18 am - Joliet, IL

I think you might be too tight.  If it takes you that long to eat half of a sandwich.  Also, there's no dietary reason not to eat after 5-6pm.  I know a lot of people say you shouldn't but I was told if you eat good healthy food there's no problem in gaining weight eating after six...as long as you don't go right to sleep.

With the exercise I will say you need to increase you intensity.  What burned 300 calories before may take a lot more work to burn those same 300 calories.  As we become more fit, we become more accustom to working out and we don't have to work as hard.  Like when I started 30 minutes at 3 mph was enough to get me to 300 calories but now...I have to go about 4mph to get to that same 300 calories.  Also, you should be including weight lifting into your routine.  This is very important part of losing weight and keeping it off.  Here is an article...it's very interesting. 

http://health.yahoo.net/rodale/WH/lose-your-fear-of-lifting

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 7:31 am - Des Moines, IA
I agree with the others.  You should be able to eat by noon. Letting yourself get that hungry is not good. Food is for fuel and if you are working days, then you need breakfast and lunch etc.  I can eat in the morning and I am never too tight.  I'm thrilled with my weight loss and feel like I have good restriction where I am not hungry for 4 hours after eating 3oz of chicken etc and 1/4c of a veggie.  I may have a cheesestick for a snack or 1/2 of an apple with peanut butter etc.  I don't eat bread.  Also you are supposed to eat your meal within a 1/2 hour.  Taking 2 hours to eat is like grazing and that's not what the band is meant for. 

I would get an unfill and eat more!  Change your exercise up.  I added Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred and that has helped.  Also I added jogging with my walking.  Just short bursts of running with my walking to keep my body guessing.

You need to change something since you haven't lost weight for 6 months and you are wanting to lose more.

Kristi
Most Active