CEREAL

veenie73
on 5/3/11 11:19 pm - Louisville, KY
Can you still eat cereal and milk withRaisin  the band??? Has anyone had a bad experience or a good experience. My hubby loves Total Brand and Special K cereal and he was wanting to know...

Lynn
The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time...   

Jo 1962
on 5/3/11 11:30 pm - NearHouston, TX
I like raisin bran too...but when I first tried it, I put in too much milk or didnt chew enough and got stuck.  Now, I pour in just enough milk to moisten the flakes and let it sit a couple of minutes, then eat it like its oatmeal.  Granted, its not the same but if you use too much milk, it gets washed thru the pouch too fast and I get hungry again too soon.

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

Jill P.
on 5/3/11 11:32 pm - United Kingdom
You can eat anything you like, its just trial & error really. I can eat anything at all as long as I remember to chew it into tiny weeny particles. And I am fully filled.

Jill
Brandywyne
on 5/4/11 12:32 am - Abingdon, MD
I eat 1 serving either banana nut crunch or honey bunches of oat just about every morning and I have tea either 30 min before if I feel thight or 30 mins after . 

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/11 12:36 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Most days cereal makes me and I've had my band since 2006.
Lisa O.
on 5/4/11 12:36 am - Snoqualmie, WA
It depends, but more important than CAN YOU, the question is SHOULD YOU.  Rasins are not recommended by my surgeon because many people have a hard time eating them with the band.  Also, you want to check the sugar content in that cereal.  If it's listed in the top 3 ingredients then you probably need to find something else.  Find a healthy cereal like Kashi Original and add your own raisins if your band tolerates them.  But raisins can be full of sugar too.  I know, it's a pain, but if you want to eat healthily these are things to think about.

Best~
Lisa O

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

veenie73
on 5/4/11 12:43 am - Louisville, KY
Thanks eveyone. He just wanted to know if anyone had any problems with cereal. He will have to ask about the raisins, though. But he can always find a healthier cereal if he wants to eat it. I think he is afraid of getting stuck, so he is trying to find out about food. He is still on liquids right now, so he has a lil while.
Thanks Again!!!

Lynn
Stephanie M.
on 5/4/11 12:44 am
I eat Kashi Go Lean crunch (9 gr protein per cup) with yogurt about once per week...I take 1/3 cup cereal with 1/3 cup of yogurt and stir it up...chew thouroughly or there will be pain.  Total might be ok and a good option since it has all the vitamins.  Just depends on his tummy's tolerance to the texture.  I am not allowed raisins...too many carbs.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/11 12:51 am
I was able to eat almost any cereal the only problem is I hate soggy cereal so I avoid it due to not being able to eat fast enough to make sure its all crunchy. I never considered cereal with yogurt that is a terrific idea no soggy cereal, some added protein AND some moisture to help with the overall dryness....I love that and will totally need to try that when I get to eating again.
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/11 1:18 am
I wish I wasn't able to eat cereal..

For me, its a slider and I can eat TOO much of it...

Just tell him to try things..like someone above stated, it's trial and error.   There are some things I cannot eat at all (rice) but I can eat sushi...     I cant do broccoli because it always gets stuck, but I asparagus is fine.

Everyone's different.

Good luck!   
Most Active