Had my EGD today!

Lisa H.
on 5/5/11 6:21 am
WLS on 05/19/11
 My doctor requires all his patients to have an EGD done pre op and I had mine today. Everything came back normal and the whole procedure went smoothly and I didn't feel a thing! They just hooked me up to an IV put me to sleep and I woke up 15 minutes later feeling rested. So, if you need to have one just to let you know its easy. Only thing is they needed to do a standard pregnancy test and I could not pee in a cup for the life of me. I tried for 30 minutes and I couldn't go! So embarrassing. :D

One thing though concerned me. When they were doing there little medical history when I go there and my nurse went through my diagnoses PCOS came up and I had never been told I had been diagnosed with it! She said in my medical history it was all the way back in 2003 is when my doctor figured I had it. Bit irritated that I was not informed! 

debbie H.
on 5/5/11 7:39 am - AR
You should be irritated!  Check with your PCP and ask how this could have happened.

Sandi H.
on 5/5/11 8:49 am - PA
Hi Lisa...I am Sandi from Philadelphia. Is an EGD the same as an endoscopy? If yes, I had mine on Monday and agree that it was painless and quick...my only complaint was a little sore throat and major dry mouth afterwards. My surgery is on 5/11/11 when is yours?
SkinnyKrissy
on 5/5/11 9:45 am - NJ
doctors dont worry about PCOS until you say you want to get pregnant. I have had it since about age 18 but the OB just puts you on the pill and says dont worry about it until you want to get pregnant. Which then turns into a nightmare but hopefully you will be at your goal weight and once there, the PCOS will go away!
Thanks for the info re: endoscopy. I didnt want to do it but guess I will go through with it. Thanks!
marl16
on 5/5/11 9:28 pm - NJ
Yipes!!  I'm going for my EGD this afternoon at 1:00!!  Thanks for the post 'cause I really don't want to go!  Hopefully this is the last hoop to jump through!  Getting banded 5/19!

Good luck to you! 

Lisa H.
on 5/5/11 11:38 pm
WLS on 05/19/11
 Im getting banded 5/19 as well! Best of luck! 

marl16
on 5/6/11 5:50 am - NJ

You too!  We'll definitely have to compare notes!  Just got back from the EGD. Went well but I have a hiadal (sp?) hernia!!!!  Yipes!  I asked the doc how you get those and he patted my fat tummy.  Ahhhhh!  Is NOTHING as a result of being fat!

Most Active