Wondering about Glucossamine

debbie H.
on 5/6/11 6:28 am - AR
I'm almost 4 months out.  I've been exercising (Walking and Zumba) for a while now and am very happy with the results.  Before banding, I had taken glucossamine for probably 10 years.  My WL surgeon had me drop all large pills.  Lately, my knees feel a bit stiff and tender. I've never had a problem before. I tried today cutting my pills in half and lots of water behind them.  But now I'm concerned there might be an issue with the breakdown of the pill. Does anyone have any experience with this or words of wisdome to offer?  I plan to talk with my surgeon's office next week. 

Lisaizme
on 5/6/11 6:42 am - TX
I take Chondroitin/Glucosamine with MSM and they're pretty big.  I take them with lots of water and sometimes I feel them hesitate to go down.  I might have to cut them or crush them if I get more fill.

I'd ask your doc and maybe look and see if you can find a smaller version of the same thing you're accustomed to taking.  I think I've seen it in liquid form, but haven't checked the calories in it.  I do remember the liquid being more $$.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

carriesb
on 5/6/11 10:19 am
I take a brand called glc2000 I get it from a company called bodybuilding.com they are easy to go down capsules and they really help.
debbie H.
on 5/6/11 10:55 am - AR
Thanks ladies. I appreciate your responses!

kathkeb
on 5/6/11 2:56 pm
To be honest, you might get better info from a pharmacist (about whether you can break this in 1/2 with no risk) than from your surgeon.

I would also suggest taking water BEFORE and after/with pills.
It helps to 'lube the tube' -- and may make them go down a little easier
Kath

Most Active