Lots of Bending and nausea?

NJDizzybee
on 5/15/11 9:41 am - Riverside Township, NJ
I am 2 1/2 months post surgery and so happy about my decision!  However, yesterday while gardening, I was doing alot of bending over to plant flowers, spread mulch, etc., and I got really nauseous (sp).  Is the something that anyone else has come across?

I took a break for about 20 minutes and tried again, same thing.  Can bending over kink the tubing? 

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/11 12:35 pm - Des Moines, IA

No, I've never experienced that.  Do you have any meds for nausea?  I have an oral dissolving pill for nausea called Zofran.  You just put it under your tongue and it dissolves.  Any chance you were slightly dehydrated with all of your gardening? Had you eaten enough with the increased activity?

The position of the tubing wouldn't  cause nausea.  I have little abdominal fat and I can feel my tubing going to my port.  I do crunches and gardening etc. and it has never caused me nausea. 

You could ask your surgeon and see what they think, but I've never seen anyone mention this before on this board and being a RN I don't think it's the position of your tubing from your band to your port.

Kristi 

NJDizzybee
on 5/15/11 9:28 pm - Riverside Township, NJ
Thanks, Kristi - I will ask my surgeon on my next visit.  I don't think I was dehydrated - I had a bottle of water with me and was drinking pretty often.  I'm going back out today to do more planting, so I will see if it happens again.

Diana
Most Active