Just wondering

ShrinkingHopefully
on 5/20/11 2:21 am
 I know medical questions are for our doctors and I already checked with them, just told me could be a pulled muscle (don't think so) and monitor it.  I am over six weeks out and allowed to lift things but did lift more last week with going away. Anyway, I have not had a fill but sure this is my port area and its very tender, hurts if I press gently and getting twinges. Its not severe but its enough to concern me. No problem eating, no red or swelling in the area. Anyone had this?
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/11 4:02 am - San Diego, CA
Sorry to hear that, honey!   My port site was crazy sore/tender for about 4-5 months after my surgery.  It was the only thing that took a while to completely heal and I always consciously knew it was "there" until about a year out.  Still lets me know when I work out and do hard ab work. But definitely stay in tune with it and get it checked out if tge pain continues.  I used a heating pad at the end of the work day for awhile as that is when it was most tender - after sitting for long periods of time. It helped! Good luck!
debbie H.
on 5/20/11 4:28 am - AR
I've been told on OH that because the port is attached to a muscle, it takes a while to heal.

ShrinkingHopefully
on 5/21/11 1:14 pm
 THanks ladies.  Hope that is it. Wierd it started now thought and not right away.
Most Active