Question for you

jakebsmommy
on 5/25/11 12:44 pm - Waldorf, MD
VSG on 04/29/13
My husband had his first fill yesterday.  The Doc put 3cc in and had to take out 08cc because he couldn't swollow.  Now my husband says it hurts when he was working out is this common.  I had the gastric sleeve so Im not sure I figured I would post here and ask you all.  The had a hard time getting the fluid out because his port flipped around and they numbed the area and relaxed his muscles and was able to finally get it.  ANY help will do!!!!
Hislady
on 5/25/11 1:26 pm - Vancouver, WA
I don't know that I would do a real strenuous work out the same day as a fill, especially if it was a difficult one. He's bound to be tender and sore after getting poked numerous times. Tell him take it a little easy on the workouts for a couple of days especially ab work. For now I'd say try ice or heat which ever feels better and maybe a couple of tylenol or liquid tylenol if you can get it. (it's been scarce because of a recall)If it is still terribly sore in a few days I'd say call his surgeon for advice or if he'll feel better about it call tomorrow for the docs opinion. As long as he can swallow his liquids he should be ok. Feel free to ask questions anytime.
Lisaizme
on 5/26/11 3:30 am - TX
He's likely just a little tender & bruised.  HisLady's advice was right on target.. slow it down on the workouts for a day or two and see if things improve.  If they don't, or if things get worse, call the doc.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/11 7:34 am - San Diego, CA
Yep, I agree with above 2 posters!  Especially if his port was difficult to access at first.  It will certainly feel tender in that area for a few days.  Good luck to your husband and I'm glad you came to the Lap-Band Forum for advice.  You're a good wifey. :)
Most Active