HUNGRY!!!

mamabinck
on 5/27/11 11:49 am - westville, NJ
I was banded on the 23rd so I am on my 6th day of liquids. I am so hungry. I do get a little satisfied by my protein shakes but I don't want to have more than 3 or 4 a day. popcicles and jello do help as well but broth doesn't really do anything for me. I have this crazy craving for pizza but that won't happen, that's why I am here in the first place! I am so ready to move on to the next stage but I have 1 1/2 weeks left of liquids! I think my husband and kids are going to kill me because I ahve been a real PITA!! Grumpy and snappy, I am trying really hard not to be but it just happens. I owe them big time for being so supportive of me in this difficult time and I love them more than the world!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/11 12:21 pm
Try Gum, that helped me  lot..just don't swallow

Petra
Shirley-In-Bama
on 5/27/11 12:36 pm - morris, AL
I hope you don't have to stay on clear liquids for another 10 days. I was eating strained cream soups and pudding after 4 days. Nothing solid but def more satisfying than clear liquids. If your doc has given you instructions to have nothing but clear liquids for this period of time you need to follow instructions. This phase of post surgery is called "Bandster Hell" for a reason, and you will just have to tough it out. :(
Oh, and try not to take it out on your family...they can't help you and they will never understand what you're going through.
**********Southern Born and Southern Bred**********
90 Pounds Gone!!!
barbara314
on 5/27/11 9:25 pm
I would check with your surgeon regarding chewing gum.  I was told not to chew gum during this phase, but each dr has different rules.  We can all relate to where you are.  I did clear liquids 2 wks pre-op AND 2 wks pot-op, and it was not easy.  You need to find something to keep your mind occupied.  During the "bandster hell" phase, I made a list of goals and put them in a place I could see them everyday.  When I felt weak, I would refer to them.  

Come to this board everyday and search different topics to read other's journeys.  Start a journal and promise yourself to follow all the rules each day.  You're gonna make it!!!  We're all here for you.  Good luck!! 
~ Barbara

Shaesnana
on 5/28/11 12:17 am - Davenport, FL
Yes, bandster hell is no fun.  Just keep telling yourself that others have gotten thru it and I can too!   I crave pizza all the time!!!   It's my fav food. 

You need to follow your doc's rules and don't go by what others have done.  I was not allowed to have creamed soups or pudding or chew gum.  I was told that chewing gum can make you hungrier cause it gets your "juices" flowing.  I did sometimes take a sugar free mint. 
I know what you mean by taking it out on your family.  I didn't want to but I was absolutely miserable cause I wasn't able to partake of holiday things I so enjoyed.  My surgery was Dec 17th!    I just kept thanking my husband for being kind and not making the situation worse by fighting back with me or anything.   Just keep telling them you are sorry and that this phase will pass.  Hopefully they'll understand.

I also kept saying to myself, "I know this is hard but I can do hard things!"

Best to you,
Lyn

mamabinck
on 5/28/11 2:26 am - westville, NJ
I have tried gum but it id make me feel a little nauseous so not sure I want to go that route. I will do fine some days and times of the day are harder than others. so I know this too shall pass and soon enough I will be able to enjoy small amounts of food.
kdjjmorin
on 5/29/11 9:09 am - VA
I was banded on the 24th.  I am very hungry as well.  My doctor is allowing me to have yogurt though, and cream soup which has helped some.  Protein shakes just don't do it for me.  I really do feel full on top, but the bottom of my tummy is starving! 
Most Active