1 week post-op, umm can I eat anything else?

mamabinck
on 5/30/11 8:38 am - westville, NJ
OK I am 1 week post-op and a total of 22 lbs down from the day I started my pre-op. I had some tummy problems and a few trips to the bathroom after not going almost all week, but they seem to have subsided. Now I feel very hungry and almost like by blood sugar is low. I have been resting but I am a it tired I have felt really good til today, mybe the heat? I
m not sure but the hunger is hard, even after I drink a protien shake which has been satisfying for a few hours I feel very hungry. Any tips or suggestions? I have 1 more week of clear liquids and I see my surgeon tomorrow so I will inquire then but any info or if there is something new I can try I would be grateful!  :)

Donnamarie
on 5/30/11 9:20 am - NY
What do your clear liquids consist of?? My clear liquid stage was for a few days and then I went into the low fat creamed soups, jello and popsicles.  Go****'s only been 8 weeks and I can't even remember that time!!

I don't think a creamed soup would hurt you.  Make sure it's low fat so it doesn't shock your system.  I wish I could tell you that this stage isn't horrible, but I can't!!!

Good luck, you are doing great!!!!

"Accountability first to yourself, then nobody else matters"

marypatf
on 5/31/11 12:15 am
Well I would see what your surgeon says.... Ask him/her tomorrow...
HW-272, PreOp Diet Start-269, SurgWeight-256,                                               CurrentWeight 189. 

Most Active