Never thought I would enjoy mushies so much!!!!

mamabinck
on 5/31/11 4:48 am - westville, NJ
I just got back from my 1 week pre-op and I got the go ahead to start soft foods (mushies), I enjoyed my first yogurt a little while ago and no i am really enjoying a sugar free pudding. Also to add to all of this exciting news!!! I am down a total of 25 lbs since the beginning of my journey and down 11 lbs since my surgery. I go abck in 1 month and should be back on solids by then and if I need a fill I will get my first fill in about 1 month. So great news so far and trucking right along. thank you all for just being there anytime day or night!!!

steelerfan1
on 5/31/11 5:30 am
Congrats :o)

I loved the mushy stage . I lived on Refried beans with melted cheese and sour cream on top . Yum yum lol. I still eat that today I had some last night for dinner lol.

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Karebear79
on 5/31/11 6:45 am
Mmmm! Refried beans with cheese and sour cream! Thanks! I'm gonna get stuff to make that tomorrow! lol!!

You and I are down the exact same amount. lol! I'm down 25lbs since my pre-op and 14 since surgery. I technically only lost 9lbs on the liquid diet because 2 days before surgery, guess what decided to show up? Yeah, my period, so 5lbs came back due to water. Grrrr!!!! If that hadn't happened, I would have been down 14lbs pre-op. But oh well!

~Karen~

6cc's in a 10cc band
Nikki4381
on 5/31/11 7:06 am - NJ
I totally feel your happy feelings towards yogurt!! I had some today and it was amazing to have to use teeth lol (yes I chew yogurt/pudding hahaha) 

I am down 7 since day of surgery... I was told it will be a slower process since this is my second time around ( band over bypass) but that is basically a lb a day so I shouldn't be complaining....
and Karenn I too had that wonderfulness show up last tues, boooooo!

Keep on moving people!!! It was been so long for me to wake up in the morning with hope instead of feeling failure.  Sending positive vibes~

Nikki

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/11 9:05 am - San Diego, CA
Pound-a-day sounds good to me as a BOB-er!  :)  P.S.  I chew yogurt and pudding too...shoot, I chew EVERYTHING.  lol
Barbara B.
on 5/31/11 10:15 am - Indiana, PA
 Congratulations on reaching the Mushie stage!!!   I'll be there by next week and I can't wait.  
                      Barb Blatt  ~  Surgery Date:  May 27, 2011  

kdjjmorin
on 5/31/11 10:55 am - VA
OMG!! I just got the go ahead today, and boy, I didn't overdo it because of fear what might come back up I am sure.  I did; however, enjoy myself with a mushy dinner.  I was STARVING and am so glad to have yummy mushies.
Nicole_80
on 5/31/11 11:13 am
Congrats, I also had my 1 week pre-op and I'm down 21 lbs...I also like you enjoyed a yogurt today tasted great..lol...keep up the great work

Most Active