weird feeling????

Jshivery
on 6/11/11 12:53 am
Revision on 03/10/16
Hey everyone!  I have to ask this question.  On Thursday I ate something and it felt like a ball in my pouch above my band.  Felt like I was so darn full for like 8-10 hours, it was a blueberry dessert thing.  No I didn't eat a lot, but I did have like 1/4 cup. (wont do that again)  Yesterday, I got scrambled eggs and a pc of sausage from McDonalds.  I ate it slow, but holy crap it felt like it was a big lead ball in my pouch again.  I ate that at 8 but still wasn't hungry at 1.  I literally felt like I had just eaten a cow.  I was soooo full and uncomfortable, and it felt like a lump in my throat.  I understand that people sometimes feel tight in the morning, but I ate the blueberry thing later in the day?  I ate something for lunch yesterday, just because I knew I better eat something, but after a couple of bites, I was done.  I did start to get hungry later last night and ate some supper, but is that what being stuck feels like?  

I have had my band since March 23, and I feel like I'm still learning every day.  I don't think I get the soft stops, but I don't over eat.  I'm terrified of screwing my band up, so I am very careful.  I just was asking what you guys thought it was? 

Thanks in advance. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/11 1:06 am - Des Moines, IA
For ME....   with a true struck episode there's no ? if it's a stuck....  There's extreme pain and excessive thick saliva that keeps coming and coming and mine have lasted up to 2 hours long before it came back up.  Thank goodness I've only had 4 stucks in 23 months.  I've never PB'd ever.   I never want to get stuck again.

Some people have trouble with berries, and a lot of people had difficulty with eggs.   You might have eaten too fast, too big of a bite, or it was too dry.  All of my stucks were on too dry of food.  Not too big of bites.  After the 3rd time, I realized what my issue was and it really was just too dry of food.

It's a learning process.  After a stuck episode I will do fluids for 24 hours and then slowly and carefully progress to softs etc.

Kristi
crystal M.
on 6/11/11 2:16 am - Joliet, IL
The same thing happened to me once when I tried to eat a bagel.  I had this way too full feeling for days.  What I did was go back to liquids for a couple of days and then progress to mushies for a few days.  Continuing to try to eat normal will just aggravate your stoma.  It's probably swollen and needs time to relax. 

If it continues after doing this you might need a slight unfill.  Don't panic because I know I did.  I was so sure they were going to unfill me completely.  All they did was take .2 ccs out and it was like night and day.  A month later he put the .2 ccs back and I was fine. 

You are still learning the things you can and can't eat.  There's no rhyme or reason to it.  Some can eat chicken with no problems but cottage cheese is a big no.  My advice is, if it's the first time trying something since the surgery take it slowly.  Eat very small bites and chew it well.  Take the time between each bite to see how your pouch is handling it.  Maybe if I did these things the bagel wouldn't have hurt me the way it. 

Good luck and feel better
Jshivery
on 6/11/11 8:34 am
Revision on 03/10/16
Thank you both very much!  YES YES YES, thats it..A full feeling for days...Honestly, I thought, geesh, I will def lose weight this way, although not very healthy not to eat!  LOL....It is something, isn't it....How somethings are okay, but others are a big NONO.  I am okay today..I actually feel much much better and I will be staying away from those.  I actually love to do the Atkins shakes for breakfast.  Does anyone think thats an issue?  My doc didn't tell me no, so I guess untill I hear otherwise, I will continue with what I'm doing. 

Yeah, I don't have any issues at all with any food, except those 2 things and hard boiled eggs are hard for me.  I stay away from them. 

Thanks again guys.  This board is so helpful! 

got2wantit
on 6/12/11 8:28 am
What you experienced has also happened to me in the past.  I am 18 months out and I am still learning and adjusting to my band.  Stress will also cause my band to stay tightened for several days.  I always come to OH for great support and answers.  Keep up the great job.
Most Active