esophagus lap band

cammi1012
on 6/21/11 1:02 pm

Hey everyone, I am five years out.  I had to get a unfill in April due to my Esophagus begin enlarged.  I had to wait 2 months.  Went in today and still enlarged so I could not get a fill.  
The x-ray so the barium is not passing the esophagus is too large.   The doctor suggested a wait another 2 months to see what happens. 

HELP please I have gained 50 pounds a year. YIKES .  

Thanks in advance for any suggestions 

Lisaizme
on 6/21/11 7:56 pm - TX
I don't have any suggestions, but wanted to tell you I'm sorry you're going through this.  Ask your surgeon if there's anything he can do (prescribe, refer you to a counselor, nutritionist, etc.) to help you through this tough time.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

got2wantit
on 6/21/11 9:00 pm
When this happened to me my Dr. put me on liquids for a month and that solved the problem.  Did your Dr. Make this suggestion.  I am now afraid of it happening again so I try to make sure that I don't over eat.  Best of luck to you.  Please keep us updated.
shellqueen
on 6/22/11 4:40 am - New Brighton, MN
I'm sorry you are going through this. K
mary101678
on 6/22/11 11:09 am, edited 6/23/11 11:22 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
You need to see your nutritionist right away. Take whatever advice you get. It may take a while for this to resolve....
Best of luck,
Mary

Most Active