Had my First FIll and have ?!?!?!

ShrinkingHopefully
on 6/24/11 10:41 pm
 Well finally had my first fill after 3 months, Should of gotten it much sooner.  I just feel a little strange. My stomach feels bloated, tons of stomach gas, should I be feeling anything.  How soon really til the next fill?
aliciahegeman
on 6/24/11 11:04 pm - Highland, NY
try not to drink fast or gulp water ....did they give you instructions after your fill....clear fluids..shakes? you will get a little swollen so take it easy ...some times people dont feel anything with their first fill....i had 3 or 4 before i had felt the resiction ...my doc usually waits 4-6 weeks between fills ....
Jean M.
on 6/25/11 12:44 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Should you be feeling anything? After the slight irritation a fill can cause, you shouldn't feel anything. The signs that the fill is kicking in and helping to improve your band's performance are early and prolonged satiety after eating a small amount of food. The band is supposed to suppress your appetite and your physical hunger, so probably the only thing you'll be feeling from now on (though we hope not very often) is discomfort when you don't eat carefully (take tiny bites, chew very well, eat slowly, don't drink while you eat, etc.).

How soon to get another fill will depend on your weight loss and eating. It can take up to 2 weeks for a fill to kick in (no one knows why, but it's happened to me several times), so I wouldn't get another fill any sooner than 2 weeks, and your surgeon's fill policy may not allow another fill until 2 or 4 or whatever weeks have passed. In the meantime, if you're eating less and losing weight, you might not need another fill for a while - it's not possible to predict when because so many factors affect eating and weight loss.

Most people need a few fills before their band really starts making a difference in their eating. And as you lose weight, the fat that surrounds your stomach will shrink, so your band will fit more loosely around it, and then you'll need more fill.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

ShrinkingHopefully
on 6/25/11 1:50 am
 Thanks but the gas, bloating i am feeling is not from eating. Have not eaten anything just drinking and broth.
Deena S.
on 6/25/11 10:41 am - Odessa, TX
I felt the same way, as a matter of fact they had to remove my first fill.  I just needed more time to heal.  After my recent fill I didn't feel that way at all.  Hang in there, next time will be better.  And who knows, maybe you won't need a fill at all!

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/alnb/1.png

Deena
Top weight 240 pounds
Lap band surgery March 21st, 2011
Start weight 201
Weight on July 30th-162 pounds
Goal weight 125-I'm half way there!

ShrinkingHopefully
on 6/25/11 11:48 am
 Thanks for the response. well I actually did wait til I was healed. I have to be by now. Surgery March 23, Fill June 24th. So this is a bit concerning to me but not in any pain so nothing major, just gas, bloating and some acid reflux but not alot.
Most Active