2nd fill tomorrow..

Jshivery
on 6/26/11 12:50 am
Revision on 03/10/16
Good morning everyone!!!! 

I am going in tomorrow for my second fill.  I'm so damn scared..Not sure why, but I'm terrified.  I think its more that I'm scared of, what if I get my fill and something gets stuck?  Right now, I can eat anything, nothing gets stuck.  I have some problems w/ eggs, but thats it.  I'm worried.  Also, try to follow me on this......
                         The PA said to get in 1500 calories a day.  Well, the NUT said no snacks and 1 cup of food at a sitting...Okay heres the problem.  I can't get in 500 calories at a meal..theres no possible way, so I have been doing high protein snack between lunch and supper and I still cant get in 1500 calories a day.  So my question is, if I get another fill, that is going to "restrict" how much is in my pouch even more right?  so I defianlty wont be getting any where near 1500 calories a day?  Maybe I should just ask the PA tomorrow when I get my fill??? 

Im 3 mths out right now, so I still feel like I'm learning about this process every day.  I'm learning new things about my body, mind and spirit and about this lil band living inside me.  While I love it, its very confusing, maybe its just cuz I'm blonde or maybe because it truely is confusing!!  (hubby would go for the blonde statement LMAO)

Stephanie M.
on 6/26/11 4:08 am
You know, it is amazing that nutritionists and docs can be so inflexible and forget that even after having a band (or other WLS) there are variables and we are all INDIVIDUALS WITH DIFFERENT NEEDS.  I say, get the 1500 calories in by eating 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day.  Focus on getting in your protein, veggies and make sure your snacks fill out your meal plan...
I make pudding cups with instant sf pudding mix, 2 scoops of BA protein shake powder(chocolate or vanilla depending on the pudding flavor) and 2 cups of nf milk...makes 5 servings with 14 gr protein per serving and about 12 gr carbs.  Great easy snack that will boost your protein and keep you satisfied.
Honestly, do the docs and nuts not ever talk to each other???
Just remember, you can change things up to suit your needs and they don't have to know, as long as the basic food intake meets the food plan; no more than one cup at a sitting and getting your calories in the correct balance of protein, carbs and fat.
You may not even need a fill if you are not getting hungry between meals...better to be a bit loose, than too tight.
Steph

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Jshivery
on 6/26/11 6:52 am
Revision on 03/10/16
Steph you are so right...honestly...Its like wait one of you tell me this the other tells me that, dear Lord make up your damn minds already!! 

I may not need one.  When I talk to him tomorrow, we shall see. 

Thank you for your reply!

Donnamarie
on 6/26/11 10:23 am - NY

As much as I read, I'm always confused about the amount of calories to get in.  I STRUGGLE to get in 1000 calories a day and that's on 3 meals and either 1 or 2 snacks.  My surgeon said his patients lose best on 800-1000 calories a day.  My protein is always high though so I have no worries there.  I can't even get down one cup of food.  I can probably do 1/2 a cup of food but that's it, or 3 ounces of dense protein.  No more.  I'm also petrified of getting a fill, the same as you.  So don't feel alone!  You may not even need a fill if you are staying full.  Definitely discuss it with your surgeon!

good luck and let us know how it goes!!

"Accountability first to yourself, then nobody else matters"

Most Active