too much at once?

Jshivery
on 7/3/11 1:10 pm
Revision on 03/10/16
Okay, I haven't ever gotten stuck or slimed or PB, or anything, so my question is, I can eat a hamburger and maybe like 1/4 c of noodles at a sitting.  do you guys think that is to much?  I feel full, comfortable, satisfied when I'm done.  I keep having visions of my stomach stretching over my band and my esphogus(sp) not working, and all the horror stories I have heard....

What is everyones suggestions? 

thanks so much!

MaJack
on 7/3/11 2:24 pm - Earlsboro, OK
 I have not been around in a while so I will ask some of the normal questions you may have already answered, how big is your band and how many ccs do you currently have in it.  You may be ready for a fill. 

It does seem a bit much for how far out you are, but everyone is different. Are you staying full until next meal time?  How long has it been since your last fill?

Just a suggestion

Good Luck

Megan (228 HW/185 current/125 goal)

Jshivery
on 7/4/11 12:16 am
Revision on 03/10/16
I had surgery 3/23, I have a 14cc Realize band, and I just got my 2nd fill 6/28.  I now have 6.25 ccs in it.  The PA said it may not be enough but he didnt want to be aggresive, which is great by me. 

I am staying full for a long time.  I would eat around 5 and still be full at the time I went to bed around 10 or 11. 

Thanks for your suggestions MaJack! 

OCMomma
on 7/3/11 4:45 pm
To me yes considering for dinner tonight I had 2 steamed shrimp and a few bites of crab meat.  ( it was a tight night)  I eat about a 1/4 - 1/2 cup of food at one sitting. 
Kate -True Brit
on 7/3/11 6:14 pm - UK
Sounds fine to me! I have never let my band be tight enough to stop me eating what I consider to be normal. Unless the meat part was enormous, I would eat about that volume. I am assuming you just mean the meat and not a bun! I certainly could never eat a MacD size burger in a bun!

They are not actually foods I am likely to eat so can't be precise. But comfortable and satisfied sounds perfect!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Nic M
on 7/3/11 11:58 pm
How much would you have eaten pre-op? Are you having any problems that would lead you to believe that something's wrong? If not, you're better off keeping your band on the loose side.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Jshivery
on 7/4/11 12:26 am
Revision on 03/10/16
Kate, It was the hamburger and bun.  No not enormous meat.  I like you, am glad that I'm not to tight that I can't eat anything.  I like the fact I don't have to worry if I go out or anything.  No I am not into McDonalds either, but I will tell you, I had the worst craving for chicken nuggets!  LOL...Another thing is I have been craving SOOOOO bad tuna salad...Honestly who craves tuna salad? LMAO!!!!!    

N.M., I would have eaten 2 hamburgers w/ a hot dog, chips and pasta.  So its a drastic change.  No I don't think anything is wrong with it, but I'm so terrified of stretching my band out and screwing something up. I don't feel sick or anything, just scared...I know everyone on this board knows how I feel. 

thank you everyone for your help and support!  Its so appriciated. 

kathkeb
on 7/4/11 4:49 am
Well -- a regular burger patty is about 4 ounces (cooked down to probably 3.5 ounces) or 6 ounces, cooked down to about 5 ounces--- perfectly acceptable.

We don't do burgers often, but when we do, I order a great burger, I toss 1/2 the bun -- then, I nibble the meat/cheese/bun like a mouse --- LOL --- savor several bites and give the rest to the dog.

I would not eat burgers every day -- but once in a while, perfectly in bounds!

Kath

debbie H.
on 7/4/11 6:09 am - AR
Kath, are you finding your dogs are gaining weight as you are losing?  Both of my (lap size) dogs have gained a pound each since they have been on the receiving end o the rest of my food.  My vet says for me to watch it, but my dogs are very happy.

kathkeb
on 7/4/11 7:01 am
Debbie --

I watch that very carefully --- I don't want to turn my eating disorder into hers!!

We have a Lab-mix who is now about 6 1/2 years old ---- weighs between 50 and 52 pounds consistently -- since the day we adopted her 6 years ago.

She gets TONS of exercise --- this morning I took her out for 2 hours -- I walked about 8 miles and she ran probably 20 - 25 miles --- she gets to go off her leash and chase bunnies in the desert.

She will get walked again tonight ---- she gets 2 walks a day, generally at least 90 minutes a day -- longer on the weekends.

She (and I) keeps her girlish figure through exercise  -- which allows us to eat the occasional treat!!
My vet says that as long as her poop stays normal that she can have treats (she loves McD's kid cones!!!)
Kath

Most Active