How long did your lap band procedure last?

bonitachica9679
on 7/10/11 4:57 am - Huntington, WV
I'm just curious b/c the other 3 people that are having surgery the same day as me all have diabetes and since I do not, I was told I would probably be last. I'm trying to guesstimate how late in the day my procedure will take place.
Steffie45
on 7/10/11 5:26 am
Mine only lasted 45 minutes but was told to expect about 75 minutes.  I will be 4 months on the day you go in for yours.  Best of luck!   You will not regret it.
andiek77
on 7/10/11 6:16 am - NJ
ive got no clue!!!
my surgery was scheduled at 7:30 am and all i remember was waking up around noon! hah.

i never did ask how long surgery lasted. And i am diabetic.
heathercross
on 7/10/11 6:21 am - New York, NY
Mine was just short of 2 hours bc I also had a hernia repair. Had I not have had that done, she guesstimates it would have also taken about 45 min. I expected it to take longer bc of all my scar tissue from the RNY in 8/2002. I went to the hospital at 11am, spoke with surgeon and anestheisologist at 1215 or so, walked into the operating room at 1230 and woke up in recovery about 2-230. Moved to my room at 4/5pm and went home 11am the next day after esopogram. Went back to work the next day. Good luck!
Jean M.
on 7/10/11 6:58 am
Revision on 08/16/12
I think my surgery took 40-45 minutes, but when you factor in the hours of paperwork, prep, lying around on a gurney waiting for time to pass, waiting for elevators, waiting for Mars to move into the correct position in the sky, for all I know it took 45 hours. All I remember is waking up in my room by a nurse offering me very welcome ice chips.

I'm diabetic but I was my surgeon's 2nd patient of the day. My surgery was at mid-morning but I was so out of it, two weeks could have passed since then and it wouldn't have mattered to me! I stayed in the hospital overnight (my surgeon's standard procedure) so I didn't feel that I needed to be up and raring to go afterwards.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/11 7:42 am - Des Moines, IA
Go**** all depends on if there's no major hiatal hernia repairs.  Mine was 3 hours. I had a large hiatal hernia and mesh was used etc.  That was not my recovery time, 3 hours of actual surgery time.  It could be quick or it could take awhile.

Good luck on your surgery!
Kristi
Bette B.
on 7/10/11 7:43 am
 There's no way of knowing how long anyone's will take. Mine took 55 minutes but someone "in line" ahead of me took an hour and a half.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

PurplHaze
on 7/10/11 7:42 am
My partner went in at 8:15 am and the Dr came to see me at 9 am to say he was done, it lasted a little longer than planned because they had to cut some fat from around his stomach to place the band. I went in at 9:15 and was out by 9:45 - so 30 min.

Good luck with your surgery.
Most Active