no fluid in my band and im on
vacation so im no where near
my doctor i plan on going monday
morning but am scared if anyone has
any thing that might make me feel
better i will listen thanks
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 9:47 am
 start taking prilosec or prevacid, at least that will help with the heartburn. I would take it in the am and pm until you see the doctor.

Don't let it go because it can cause lots and lots of trouble.

Besides it will make you feel better.
And then like you said see your doctor.
Jean M.
on 7/22/11 1:20 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
Ditto to what Inge said.

Sudden reflux and heartburn were some of the symptoms I had when my band slipped. A complete unfill cured the symptoms and the slip, but as Inge said, you can't just let it go. The longer you leave it, the worse it's likely to get, and the harder to fix.

Good luck!
Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 1:29 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
Can you call your ins and see if they will approve you to see an out of network surgeon in the area ? The only other suggestion I have is what the previous poster already said and take some Prilosec. It may help if you sleep in a sitting up position. Call your surgeon for the correct dosing.

When do you get home ?  Call your surgeon so you can arrange to be seen as soon as you get back from vacation.
melly37
on 7/22/11 4:29 pm - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
Wow, since you are already unfilled, that is weird.  When I had my slip, I lived on Prilosec.  Good stuff.  Take care and I am hoping for the best for you!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

Most Active