fills

rach2847
on 7/24/11 11:49 pm
I have a question for those who are in the "green" zone. I have had two fills. I don't know how much is in my band--don't really care. I am still hungry between meals and feel like I am in bandster "hell" for the last couple of weeks. I have been working hard to eat right and not craze or snack, drink my water, not eat and drink at the same time, etc. How many fills does it take to get into the green zone for you? I don't want to be over-filled or not work at it. I jsut want some of my hunger to go away and keep losing. I have been struggling with my weight the last week.
Thanks,
Rachael

Kate -True Brit
on 7/25/11 1:10 am - UK

I'm afraid that you are going to get as many views as you do posts. I got to the green zone with my very first fill. Others take several, still others need six or more. A few unlucky people never get there!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

rach2847
on 7/25/11 1:33 am
That wold truly suck to never get there. I do have more satiety than I did without the band. The crazy thing is I was good until the last couple of weeks. I may just need a small fill to get moving again. I have also been exercising more. I have been going to the jump and swimming almost every day.  It is just frustrating to be hungry two hours after I eat. I have been drinking my water and eating the recommended amount of protein.
Here is a truly crazy thing, I broke all the band rules on Sat 7/16. I went to a friend's wedding and ate while I drank, had several glasses of wine, didn't get my water, etc. I lose weight the next day. My husband said it was because I was at on the dance floor so much...I was more than a little drunk.
Thanks for replying.
Rachael

Kate -True Brit
on 7/25/11 2:08 am - UK
We all need to find our own way. What i am about to say suits me, it may very well not suit other!

For me hunger is the enemy. If I feel hungry, I start to obsess about food. I am then either miserable or I give in and eat something I shouldn't.

So I don't allow hunger. If I am hungry I eat. But because it is a deliberate action rather than casual sabotage, I eat something good and which I know from experience will prevent me eating more. For example, I know that for me cherries are a filler. I can eat them but find them a bit difficult and can physically only eat about 5.

Half an hour ago, I started to think of food. So I just ate some cherries. The foods I use for this are onesI know I can't overeat.

Some days I have almost an extra meal. For example, I might come home from work and want food but the family meal is 2 hours away. So I cook myself something like a frozen fish fillet in batter. 250 calories, fits in my daily allowance and totally fills m.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

rach2847
on 7/25/11 3:22 am
I am thinking of doing that. I am so lucky that I work with 2 successful bandsters and they suggested I do the same thing. I get in trouble when I start to obsess about food too. I am going to try to eat 5 to 6 times a day.  Breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon, and dinner. I try not to eat after 8 o'clock at night so it may just be five times a day . My metabolism will stay steady and I won't be thinking about food. I will  have to plan all my foods so it stays in my calorie range.  I haven't found anything I can't eat. It is a blessing and a curse. I try to stay away from bread and other high carb foods. I am a carb addict. I have also been making an effort to eat more fruits and veggies.
I also am reminding myself of how far I have come. I can ate so much less now and I feel so much better. I am 4 months out from surgery and have lost 31lbs since surgery (45 since I started this whole process). I am below 200lbs for the first time in (at least) 7years.
It is so nice to talk to a successful bandster...
Thanks for your suggestions!! I really appreciate it.
Rachael

Most Active